Fairy Tale Castles and marvellous alpine Landscapes - the "must do" Tour while you are in Bavaria
See the Bavarian Royal Castles - and discover the most beatiful parts of Bavaria in a comfortable and custom day tour!
I pick you up at your Hotel in Munich, and we start towards Neuschwanstein Castle at the foothills of the bavarian Alps. The Tour leads through beautiful pre-alpine landscapes with several interesting and beautiful sights on the way. Of course I give you all the information about what you see - and I will show you what makes Bavaria the most popular state of Germany. . .
Find here only the most important sights you can see on this tour: Neuschwanstein Castle, baroque "Wies"-church(UNESCO Cultural Heritage), Hohenschwangau Castle, Linderhof palace, the picturesque wood carvers' village "Oberammergau", "Ettal" Monastery, . . .
Of course - as in all my tours - it's up to you where you want to stop to have a closer look, or just for a quick photo. . .
At 8. 30 am, I pick you up at your hotel - the tour can begin. . .
- over the "Autobahn" we drive to the picturesque Artist's City of Murnau
- over the country roads with typical rural villages we go on to. . .
- "Neuschwanstein" - Ludwig II's Fairy Tale Castle, where we will participate in the official guided tour
- After a Drive through a wonderful valley in the Austrian alps we reach Linderhof Palace, Ludwig II's beautiful summer hideaway with its beautiful palace garden (guided tour in the palace optional)
- Oberammergau, the charming wood carver's village with workshops, shops, cafés, . . . is already on our way back. - around 6. 00 pm, You will be back for dinner and an enjoyable evening in Munich
(The itinerary may be changed, according to your wishes, and depending on the scheduled time by the Neuschwanstein Ticket Office)
Please note: It is best to book this tour at least 14 days in advance to make sure I can make your reservations for the guided tour in Neuschwanstein Castle!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up at the Reception of your Hotel in Munich (if you stay in a different City, please ask for possible extra cost)
End location: Return to your Hotel - or wherever else you wish to return in Munich.
Duration: 9 hours 30 min.
depending on traffic and scheduled times for the tours inside the palaces, the duration may vary a little bit. In any case, I pick you up at 8:30 or at 9:00 - and we will be back for dinner.
I will drive you in a modern and comfortable air conditioned Minivan (Ford Galaxy, 6 spacious passenger seats) - Child seats available for all ages
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 EUR - per person for admission fees, carriage/bus (optional) up the hill to the castle, and for snacks, lunch, coffee, ...
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Thomas was a wonderful and thoughtful guide. We had such a fantastic time. Thanks!