As a Traveller I always wanted to have experiences to really authentically connect with & understand my new destination.
Now I offer my customers the same - alive & fresh tours where you truly engage & connect with this new part of the world you are in.
I choose only Hotels, Restaurants, Wineries or sites which I have personally enjoyed. So, you experience only the best places of where you are.
I have a great love for Heidelberg and proudly tell people that it is, "The most beautiful city in Germany". I enjoy meeting new people and what better way to spend time with people than strolling around Heidelberg's delightful old town, exploring it's famous castle or making a short tour to a local beauty spot.
On the Heidelberg tours you can get acquainted with the special 'Old Town' - it's quaint streets and many old buildings. Learn about the city's long history and destructive invasion by the French in 1693. Find out about it's famous University and the many stories and events that have shaped the city.
Admire the main churches of the town and possibly even climb the tower of one to enjoy a panoramic view of the city. And finally be inspired by the beauty and history of the Castle and it's expansive garden.
And discover the best ice-cream in town !
Or maybe you prefer;
- to visit one of Europes most sumptuous and diverse gardens in Schwetzingen
- to take a leisurely cycle tour away from the crowds through the green and serene local countryside.
- or venture a bit further afield to the legendary Black Forest or explore the delights of Alsace, France, just one hour away.
- have a wine tour in the German wine regions of The Pfalz, Hessische Bergstrasse, Baden or the amazing 180 km long 'Route du Vin' in Alsace, France.
- or visit a top sporting occasion; Bundesliga Football at local Hoffenheim or ice-hockey at the Mannheim Eagles.
I am very flexible and always willing to customize any tour for you that meets your individual requirements.
I look forward to meeting you, giving you a tour to fondly remember and showing you why time spent in Heidelberg and the surrounding area is time very well spent.
See you soon.
A Recent Review of this guide
Henry is British so communication for English speakers is superb. He is very knowledgable, friendly and thorough. His tour is an ideal one for the city of Heidelberg--We went to the Bridge and heard its history, the University and old town where we enjoyed the "best" ice cream in town, to the Castle where did some excellent wine tasting. Our group of four included my 14 year old grandson. We all highly recommend Henry.
Official tour guide of Heidelberg, Mannheim and Schwetzingen Castles.
University degree in European History from Newcastle University, England.