As a Traveller I always wanted to have authentic experiences to really connect with & feel into my new whereabouts.
Now I offer my customers the same - alive & fresh tours where you truly engage & connect with this new part of the world.
I choose only Hotels, Restaurants, Wineries or sites which I have personally enjoyed. So, you experience only the best places & attractions really worth seeing.
I have a great love for Heidelberg and proudly say it is, "The most beautiful city in Germany". I also love to meet new people - what better way to spend time with new friends than strolling around Heidelberg's delightful old town, exploring it's famous castle or making a short tour to a local beauty spot.
On the Heidelberg tours you can get acquainted with;
- the special 'Old Town' - it's quaint streets and many old buildings
- learn about the city's long history and destructive invasion by the French in 1693.
- Find out about it's famous University, founded in 1386
- enjoy hearing the many stories and events that have shaped the city.
- admire the main churches of the town and possibly even climb the tower of one to enjoy a panoramic view of the city.
- the largest absinthe shop in the world with a tasting (optional!)
- be inspired by the beauty and history of the Castle and it's expansive garden.
- discover the best ice-cream in town!
Or maybe you prefer;
- to visit one of Europes most sumptuous and diverse gardens in Schwetzingen
- to take a leisurely cycle tour away from the crowds through the green and serene local countryside.
- or venture a bit further afield to the legendary Black Forest or explore the delights of Alsace, France, just one hour away.
- have a wine tour in the German wine regions of The Pfalz, Hessische Bergstrasse, Baden or the amazing 180 km long 'Route du Vin' in Alsace, France.
- or visit a top sporting occasion; Bundesliga Football at local Hoffenheim or ice-hockey at the Mannheim Eagles.
I am very flexible and always willing to customize any tour for you that meets your individual requirements.
I look forward to meeting you, giving you a tour to fondly remember and showing you why time spent in Heidelberg and the surrounding area is time very well spent.
See you soon.
A Recent Review of this guide
We really had a great time with Henry learning all about the history of this beautiful city, and Henry is funny and knowledgeable. We all had a lot of laughs along the way while learning about the differences in German beer types and tasting several good ones on the tour. FYI...the roof thing is an inside joke. Thanks Henry!
Official tour guide of Heidelberg, Mannheim and Schwetzingen Castles.
University degree in European History from Newcastle University, England.