Architecture and town planning in communist time
The tour focuses on different concepts in town planning and their realization during first twenty years after the Second World War.
You will visit the historical part of the city to see how much this area was destroyed and how political decisions formed its present view.
We will go to the city center to see the quarters built up totally according to the rules of socialist-realistic style and look at Warsaw from the top of Palace of Culture and Science.
We will also visit Muranow - the housing area built in whole on the ruins of the ghetto, which was destroyed by the Germans until the last stone and see the housing quarters realized in the 60-ties and 70-ties as well as some modern constructions.
* the Old Town: after-war reconstruction, W-Z Route and Mariensztat district
* Communist part of the City: House of the Party, the Ministerial Quarter, Marszalkowska Residential District, Palace of Culture and Science
* The East Side of Marszalkowska from the 60-ties of 20th c. , Winnie-the-Pooh Street
* Muranow district: examples of three different types of blocks of flats built in the 50-ties, the edifice of the Museum of the History of Polish Jews.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up from the hotel, railway station or any other place suitable for you.
* Pick up from the AIRPORT is available upon request (for an additional cost).
End location: We can end the tour at any place suitable for you (city center, shopping gallery, museum, your hotel, etc.)
Duration: 6 hours
Walking and private transportation tour.
The car used: Kia Sportage, comfortable, air-conditioned, suitable for 3 passengers.
For bigger groups the van can be hired (paid extra). Please email me for a custom tour if need this, so that I can price it to you.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 PLN - 10 - 20 PLN (Polish zloty) for coffee or snacks on the way
Most credit/payments cards are accepted.
My car (Kia Sportage) can fit up to 4 people. Please inquire for larger groups.