Customized 5-hour tour to discover the must-see sights
If you don't have enough time for a full day tour but still fancy a more in-depth experience than a half day tour, then this 5-hour tour is made for you! Together, we will explore "The City of Light" through must-see sights, hidden back-streets and picturesque neighborhoods, not to mention gourmet breaks in traditional pastry shops and sidewalk cafés!
Three main itineraries are available for this tour but can be customized:
- The iconic neighborhood of Montmartre and the Sacred-Heart Basilica; the Ile de la Cité and Notre-Dame Cathedral (luckily, the fire did not damage the core building and it can still be admired from a distance); the Louvre exteriors and the Tuileries gardens
- The heart of the historic city with Notre-Dame de Paris (from a distance) and the Louvre compared to the modern Paris of the "Belle Epoque" with the Champs-Elysées, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel tower
- An itinerary tailor-made to best suit your personal interests
The itinerary could include the major landmarks, notably:
- Montmartre, the Sacré-Coeur Basilica and the Moulin Rouge
- The Eiffel Tower (but no climbing!)
- Notre-Dame Cathedral (the core building can still be admired from the banks of the river Seine)
- The Louvre Museum (exterior)
- The Tuileries gardens
- The Latin Quarter
and so much more, depending on your personal interests:
- The Opera House (exterior)
- The Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe
- The Grand Palais and the Petit Palais
- Saint-Germain-des-Prés and the Luxembourg gardens
but it will also include my favourite lesser-known sights!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 5 hours
Walking, bus, metro
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 € - - One day travelcard (metro & bus): 7,50€
- Lunch, snacks & drinks: 15-20€
I specialize in city walking tours (by foot or public transport) so I CANNOT offer:
- Tours outside of Paris (Versailles, Giverny, Normandy).
- Tours with a driver.
- Airport pick-up.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Anne is a wonderful tour guide. Her knowledge of French History made our tour extremely relevant and very interesting. I am traveling with my 16 year old gran daughter and she loved the day with Anne, making her first trip to Paris memorable! Thank you Anne!