Private Day Tour - Hermanus - Hemel en Aarde Wine Route
Get close to nature after your adrenalin pumping shark encounter!
After a scenic drive and a briefing about sharks and conservation, the cages are lowered… This eye-to-eye encounters with a Great White Shark is an adrenalin surging experience! Come face to face with these magnificent ocean predators. With a new take on life, enjoy an afternoon of culinary indulgence whilst savoring the beauty of nature.
• Scenic drive along False Bay
• Hermanus - holiday village
• Shark Cage Diving
• Enjoy Lunch overlooking the Whales frolicking close-by (July-November only)
• Wine/chocolate pairing as desert
• Wine tasting and cellar tour
Shark Cage Diving - Being lowered down into the water in the cage with the sharks swimming around is one of the most breath-taking experiences you will ever live to remember. The sharks are very curious and may come close-up to the cage, taking a closer look at the diver and may occasionally brush their tail against the cage, but they will never attack the cage.
• Pick-up at the doorstep of your hotel
• Drive to Hermanus/Kleinbaai/Die Kelders
• Breakfast on arrival
• Conservation briefing and boarding
• Shark Cage Diving
• Hot soup, scones and a shower
• Drive to The Caverns (Die Kelders)
• Lunch - on a terrace overlooking Walker Bay with Whale viewing or a visit to the Hemel en Aarde Wine Route in Hermanus
• Return to Cape Town with a scenic drive along False Bay Coastline
Walker Bay is the breeding ground of the Southern Right Whale, returning each year to meet with the same mate. The whale 'crier' sounds his kelp horn to announce where whales have been sighted. The whales can be seen from the cliffs in the town centre as early as June and usually depart in early December.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Cape Town
End location: Cape Town
Duration: 9 hours
Shark cage diving and Whale watching from a cruise is of course weather dependent.
Whales can be viewed from land over a cup of coffee or lunch and usually successful, but it is almost definite on a cruise.
However nothing is guaranteed with Nature at play.
My vehicle is a new Hyundai H1 Station-wagon 9-seater.+ aircon.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2100 ZAR - Shark Cage Diving per person
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Clive was extremely helpful and accommodating. He immediately informed us that due to bad weather , the Cage Dive was not operating, so he helped us plan a fantastic day around Hermanus. He drove us around the scenic routes and helped us with choosing a lovely restaurant. Although it was a Sunday and peak season, he still managed to find us a very good restaurant with a view. His Vehicle was very clean and comfortable. We will recommend Clive to anyone visiting CapeTown and beyond. Thanks Clive x