Half day Tour (3 hours)
Even just a half day visit is enough to enjoy the best of what the astonishing city of Ravenna has to offer. Discover the Early-Christian and Byzantine mosaics of the 5th and 6th centuries and you will be fascinated!
The visit of around 3 hours includes:
• Church of S. Vitale commissioned by the Emperor Justinian of Byzantium. In the mosaics here he is masterfully depicted with his fabulous wife Theodora.
• Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, A powerful building created to honour the resilient and colourful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
• Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by wonderful mosaics
• The tomb of Dante, close to the Basilica of San Francisco and its cloisters
• Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo which was the private chapel of the Ostrogoths King Theoderic.
A guided walk through the old city centre with a pause and a practical demonstration of mosaic -making technique, enjoyng and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Ravenna citycentre and on request
End location: Ravenna citycentre and on request
Duration: 3 hours
walking and private taxi if needed
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Euro - Admission fee per person Ravenna Monumets Euro 10,50. Around Euro 20,00 per person for a proper lunch.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had an absolutely wonderful time being shown the sights of Ravenna by Cinzia. She's wonderfully passionate about the history of the city, full of knowledge, and a lovely and professional guide. My wife's foot was injured at the time, and she also did her best to make sure we weren't over-extending and remained comfortable during the trip. I would happily recommend her tour for anyone interested in the monuments and historical sites of Ravenna.