Museums / Culture, City
Kid Friendly: Yes. The tour is suitable for kids with at least a parent.
You must be able to get in and out of a taxi or bus.
Maximum travelers: 7
Italian (fluent), English (advanced)
Half day Tour (3 hours)
Even just a half day visit is enough to enjoy the best of what the astonishing city of Ravenna has to offer. Discover the Early-Christian and Byzantine mosaics of the 5th and 6th centuries and you will be fascinated!
The visit of around 3 hours includes:
• Church of S. Vitale commissioned by the Emperor Justinian of Byzantium. In the mosaics here he is masterfully depicted with his fabulous wife Theodora.
• Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, A powerful building created to honour the resilient and colourful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
• Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by wonderful mosaics
• The tomb of Dante, close to the Basilica of San Francisco and its cloisters
• Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo which was the private chapel of the Ostrogoths King Theoderic.
A guided walk through the old city centre with a pause and a practical demonstration of mosaic -making technique, enjoyng and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Ravenna citycentre and on request
End location: Ravenna citycentre and on request
Duration: 3 hours
walking and private taxi if needed
The price includes 3 hours guided tour in Ravenna.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Euro - Admission fee per person Ravenna Monumets Euro 10,50. Around Euro 20,00 per person for a proper lunch.
Entrance fee for monuments: Euro 8,50 per person (from the 1st of March to 15th of June there is an extra to pay of Euro 2,00 for visiting the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia). Extra for coffee break or other. Private taxi or public transport. On request Headsets, Euro 2,00 per person.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Excellent and charming Ravenna experience. Cinza made our visit to Ravenna special. She loves this city and it shows when she explains its beauty. On top of all she recommended fantastic restaurants. Highly recommended guide.