The Nature & History of Nova Scotia's Atlantic Coast
Peggy's Cove is Nova Scotia's most popular tourist attraction, but nearby coastal vistas and villages are equally attractive and rich in history. On this tour we take a leisurely route to Peggy's Cove, visiting less crowded corners of the Chebucto Peninsula. Our itinerary typically includes:
- Terence Bay, with its lighthouse, museum and memorial to the 1873 SS Atlantic disaster;
- Fishing villages surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and spectacular coastal barrens;
- Peggy's Cove, famous for its lighthouse, village, and rock formations;
- Coastal drive along picturesque St. Margaret's Bay;
THIS TOUR IS FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE TO SUIT YOUR INTERESTS; lunch stop options are available along the route at extra cost. Groups of up to six persons can be accommodated in minivan transportation.
We will head onto the Chebucto Peninsula, en route to Peggy's Cove. THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE TOUR, AND FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE, SO LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE CHANGES OR ADDITIONS. Our exact route and itinerary will vary according to the weather and your interests, but our stops typically include:
- Terence Bay, with a short scenic walk to its lighthouse, and a museum commemorating the 1873 sinking of the S. S. Atlantic;
- The fishing villages of Lower Prospect and Prospect, communities surrounded by the ocean, lying next to spectacular Coastal Barrens;
- West Dover, adjacent to the stunning Peggy's Cove Preservation Area;
- The picturesque St. Margaret's Bay;
- And Peggy's Cove, famous for its lighthouse, its village, its rock formations, and its folk art.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting location is flexible. If arriving by cruise ship, exit the terminal and cross the roadway where the tour buses are lined up. I will be waiting in the parking lot with a yellow "Coastline Custom Tours" sign. If you don't see me, look for a black minivan with the same sign in the front window.
End location: You will be returned to the meeting location. An alternate drop-off point can also be arranged as per your request.
Duration: 5 hours
We recommend starting the tour within an hour of the ship's arrival.
My 2015 Town & Country minivan accommodates up to six passengers.
Transportation, commentary, bottled water, and the flexibility to alter the itinerary to suit your needs and preferences. Lunch is not included, but there is time in the itinerary if you wish to stop.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 CAD - For souvenirs or lunch (this is optional). There is a well stocked gift shop at Peggy's Cove.
You are responsible for any purchases of a personal nature
I offer minivan transportation for up to six persons. Please note that I cannot accommodate larger groups.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jay was a wonderful guide. He was flexible, accommodating and thoughtful. His thorough knowledge of the history of the area was very interesting and gave us new insights. We enjoyed our day with him and highly recommend him as a guide.