Explore the neolithic world of the taínos with an archaeologist as your private guide
Our first stop is at Las Delicias Waterfall located in Ciales and is part of the Tres Picachos Rainforest Reserve. This waterfall is easily accesible from the road, a short hike takes you right up to the main fall. Unlike waterfalls in el Yunque National Rainforest, Las Delicias is rarely visited during weekdays so you are likely to have the fall to yourself.
Our second stop is the Zama petroglyph mural which was unearthed by your guide Javier. We arrive at Zama where our vehicle enters the forest through a jeep road and we park the car next to the river where we have lunch. Next we hike up for 15 min. to the mural where I will teach you about the archaeology of Puerto Rico. Finally we head back to the river for our lunch and you can bathe in the river or just hang out and talk to our friends from the local community.
1. Pick up at the hotel
2. Visit to Las Delicias waterfall (trip to SJ is 1hr & 45min)
3. We saty at the waterfall for about 30 mins
4. Then we ride to Barrio Zama in Jayuya (the trip is 25min)
5. We arrive at Zama river and begin our hike through the rainforest to the petroglyph mural (hike of 15 to 20min)
6. In our visit to the mural we'll talk extensively on the archaeology of P. R. (We stay for 30 mins)
7. Then we return to the river for our lunch.
8. After lunch you'll have the chance to bathe in the river and mingle with our local hosts.
9. Our return trip is 2 hours coming back through the southern side of the island
10. You should be back at your hotel between 430 an 500pm
*The above itinerary is a suggestion, and can be adjusted per your preferences*
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at your hotel or location
End location: Drop off at your hotel or location
Duration: 8 hours
The tour can be done in 7 hours, but we do not rush and take our time so you can enjoy the trip. At the same time if you want to spend more time in the places we visit, is all up to you, we go at your pace. Because it's a long trip we recommend that we begin between 8 and 9 am.
You will ride in an 2017 Audi Q7 SUV for six passenger luxury tourist limo.
My vehicle can accommodate up to 4 adults comfortably. We can take 5 people, but with less space for everyone. Please contact me for the details.
Luxury transportation in a 2017 Audi Q7 SUV for six Passengers
Puertorrican lunch served by the river
Visit to waterfall in the rainforest
Visit to the Zama Petroglyph Mural
Moderate hike through the rainforest (about 20min.)
Guided tour by an Archaeologist
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 U.S. dollars - For extra snacks or drinks.
Any personal expenses.
- My vehicle can not go in to El Yunque National Rainforest.
- I do not do tours inside the two forts in old San Juan