Visit the most famous floating town on the planet!
Lake Titicaca's original attractions, few kilometers away Puno on a motorboat and by small channels amongst the reed banks we arrive to the Uros reed floating islands. Here you will observe artificial reed platforms inhabited by this ancient ethnic group. It is surely one of the most original ways of life on earth. they are authentic, their culture is authentic, and the history of why they live amongst the reeds is fascinating.
* Pick up from the hotel (time depends on you, because it is a private tour, not later than 4pm. )
* We visit Floating Islands, Driving time about 30 min. meet the friendly inhabitants, Visit the reed made houses. (little trip around the floating islands can be arranged)
* We Visit a second floating island from the 92 islands there are.
* Back in the boat and return to puno in 30 min.
* Privatte transportation takes you back to the hotel.
* Good Bye.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: By the downtown at the hotel
Away from the downtown, have to come to the main square or add extra money for the transportion.
End location: Hotel if you like.
Duration: 3 hours
can be variables in case of bad weather, traffic, time of year etc.
* Modern minivans up to 4 people.
* Touristic Motor Boat on the lake, with all facilities, clean, regular seats, toilets, Life Jackets, licenced capitains.
All in Private services!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Dolars - * There is a rustic canoe trip that takes you around like 20 to 30 minutes, local people row and charge extra money, (Very similar to the gondolas in Italy) (optional)
* Local Handcraft. (Optional)
* Beverage. (Optional)
I can accompany you and arrange for separate car, boat, o private transportation plus driver, those must be licenced on tours, and i can help you with booking to any hotel around here. arange any transfers from the bus station, the airport, or vice verse.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Miguel took us on an excellent tour to Taquile Islands and the floating village of Uros. The tour was well organised and the sightseeing and lunch super interesting. Miguel is well informed and connected with the local population. He also went above and beyond expectations, before the trip making sure that we were aware of all the details and helping us with our accommodation locally.