Space Center Houston (SCH), sometimes referred to as the Johnson Space Center (JSC), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is the second most popular tourist destination in Houston (after shopping) and one of the most popular sites in the nation. Going to the moon in particular has been an inspiration and source of pride to much of humankind. We will run you around the complex to see everything possible in the time that you have there. We want to give you an out-of-this-world experience. Please be aware, that during the winter months of December, January, and February, heavy fog can delay the docking of cruise ships for potentially hours. We will be glad to accommodate you by extending the tour as much as possible. Space Center Houston normally closes at 5:00 PM. The drive time to Bush IAH is approximately 1 hour and to Hobby (HOU) Airport is approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
This tour will include:
1. A tram ride to see Saturn V and Mercury rockets. Saturn V rockets were used to launch men to the moon. It is about the length of a football field. It is HUGE!
2. Going to the historic Mission Control.
3. Seeing an IMAX movie on the biggest screen in Texas.
4. Touching a moon rock.
5. A narrative guide through the history museum.
6. Viewing the movie "On Human Destiny" covering NASA's history from 1961 to 2011.
7. Time for souvenir shopping, and more.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Galveston Cruise Terminal.
End location: Downtown, the Galleria area, Hobby Airport (HOU), or Bush Intercontinental Airport of Houston (IAH).
Duration: 6 hours
Van or bus depending on the size of the party.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 US - Lunch money.
I can take up to nine people with their luggage in our full-size van. I pick-up and drop-off people at cruise terminals. I take tourists to museums, and let them tour exhibits at their own pace, telling them what time we need to meet again at the van.