Discover Zurich City with Spectactular Views
Sightseeing tour of Zurich old city (about 2 - 2. 5 h) and train ride to adjacent mountain with spectacular (about 1. 5-2 h).
Sightseeing of Zurich City includes points of interest such as
- Zurich main train station, its angel and importance for the whole of Switzerland
- where police meets famous artist painter
- place to overlook the old city of Zurich
- Former catholic monasteries that became protestant churches after the reformation: Fraumünster with its famous windows painted by Marc Chagall (Insight view subject to opening hours, fees apply, for groups advance reservation required);
- Grossmünster with its original Zurich Bible of the year 1531.
- St. Peter's church with one of the largest clock face in whole Europe
- World-famous business street Bahnhofstrasse.
- Old town district famous for its many little bars, restaurants and shops. A lot of them are in medieval buildings
Tour is possible all year round.
Train ride to Zurich City if pickup is outside of Zurich centre.
Sightseeing (about 2 to 2. 5 hours) and train ride to adjacent mountain, short walk (about 10 min. ) to top with great view over the city of Zurich, Lake of Zurich, other lakes and many mountains (about 1. 5 to 2 hours)
Way back to the clients hotel or at his discretion elsewhere in Zurich city.
You will need:
- normal shoes with profile for walking in a city and on the mountain.
- jacket or similar and umbrella (according to current weather ocnditions).
- some cash for having a drink, small snack at the restaurant and/or souvenir.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At arrival point ("Exit") at Zurich airport OR your hotel OR Zurich main train station.
End location: Zurich main train station OR your hotel OR Zurich airport.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
All by public transportation.
Here in Switzerland we have an excellent and very efficient public transportation, you will not need a car to go on my trips. Everywhere I will take you we can rely on them; especially in the mountains it is easier to travel by train, busses, cable car, chairlift etc. In addition, it gives us full liberty of our journey and to alternate routes.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Markus was a fabulous tour guide. He was helpful, knowledgeable, accommodating, and friendly. Very important, to our group, he paced the walking on the tours to the ability of our group. He was flexible in allowing time to enjoy the sites and take photos. He gave us each a map of the area and interesting information. He recommended a restaurant, at our request, and we loved it! I highly recommend Markus for a truly wonderful tour. We were very pleased with Markus, a great tour from a classy guy.