Discover Zurich City on Land and Water
Sightseeing tour of Zurich old city (about 2 - 2. 5 h) and public boat round trip on Lake of Zurich (about 1. 5 h).
Sightseeing of Zurich City includes points of interest such as
- Zurich main train station, its angel and importance for the whole of Switzerland
- where police meets famous artist painter
- place to overlook the old city of Zurich
- Former catholic monasteries that became protestant churches after the reformation: Fraumünster with its famous windows painted by Marc Chagall (Insight view subject to opening hours, fees apply, for groups advance reservation required);
- Grossmünster with its original Zurich Bible of the year 1531.
- St. Peter's church with one of the largest clock face in whole Europe
- World-famous business street Bahnhofstrasse.
- Old town district famous for its many little bars, restaurants and shops. A lot of them are in medieval buildings
Tour is possible all year round. Boat trip subject to timetable.
Meeting place: Either at arrival point ("Exit") at Zurich airport OR at your hotel OR at Zurich main train station.
Train ride to Zurich City if pickup is outiside of Zurich centre.
Sightseeing (about 2 to 2. 5 hours) and short boat trip on Lake of Zurich (about 1. 5 hours)
Way back to the clients hotel or at his discretion elsewhere in Zurich city.
You will need:
- normal shoes with profile for walking in a city.
- jacket or similar and umbrella (according to current weather ocnditions).
- some cash for having a drink, small snack at the restaurant and/or souvenir.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At arrival point ("Exit") at Zurich airport OR your hotel OR Zurich main train station.
End location: Zurich main train station OR your hotel OR Zurich airport.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
Boat trip is subject to good weather condition and season's availability. If the boat Navigation Company decides not to offer the boat trip, the guide may offer an alternative on land (train ride to a nearby mountain above Zurich). However, the guide cannot held liable in any circumstances for the execution of the boat trip of if the alternative does not suit the client.
All by public transportation.
Here in Switzerland we have an excellent and very efficient public transportation, you will not need a car to go on my trips. Everywhere I will take you we can rely on them; especially in the mountains it is easier to travel by train, busses, cable car, chairlift etc. In addition, it gives us full liberty of our journey and to alternate routes.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Markus is true professional,knowledgable and very considerate. He made our trip a memorable one. My family and I felt very comfortable with Markus, and we do appreciate all the suggestions he has given us. Thank you very much Markus, you did outstanding job with us.