Featuring Orvieto, Civita di Bagnoregio and Lake Bolsena
10 hours excursion from Rome or from the cruise-lines port of Civitavecchia. With your guide, a private Mercedes van and driver; with stops for a luxurious lunch a-la-cart, the wine tasting, the shopping, the visit of one of the most astonishing town you will ever be able to see in your life-time:
Placed on a high cliff of volcanic stone, this ancient city dates back to the Etruscan times, that is about 3000 years ago.
Today, its Medieval shape collects magnificent attractions among which the Duomo, considered a master piece of architecture. The town is Patrimony of Humanity by UNESCO.
Along the way, our stop near Civita di Bagnoregio ( see photo-album) for your unforgettable Tuscan lunch and a short stop on lake Bolsena shore to enjoy the beauty of the biggest lake of Central Italy.
Orvieto is also a fantastic shopping center famous for ceramics and high-fashion shops.
Before departure from town, our included wine tasting, a selection of three wines produced in this area.
- Starts at 8 am from the port; at 9 am from your Hotel in Rome
- Into the countryside reaches lake and town Bolsena for a break and for the spectacular view.
- stops in Bagnoregio to face the old town of Civita linked to the land by a sole bridge and litterally "suspended" on a thin cliff of sandy rock that gets thinner constanly due to erosion; a miracle!
- Near Civita, the great food of our restaurant is awating for us.
- To the cable-car station to climb to Orvieto and start our exploration of this magic city.
- Visit inside the Duomo, see the "Last Judgement" of Luca Signorelli ( inspired Michaelangelo's!)
- Free time for shopping in this extraordinary market. I suggest ceramics but ladies might like also clothing.
- Wine tasting at a local cellar before leaving. Three wines, something local to chew when drinking, then the visit to the barrels.
- just the ride back to the Port or to the Hotel and you will never forget this experience of Italy.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel
Duration: 9 hours
Private Mercedes van, last generation with air conditioned system, microphone on board for my commentaries along the ride, insurance from all risks.
Private professional and licenced driver for public transportation.
Cable-car to climb-up to Orvieto.
Walking during stops and visits.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Eur - You can always use your credit card when needed, but some cash can become useful for smaller cash-bills.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks