Palace, local wineries, ancient wine making places (Uplistikhe, Bagineti)
It's not a secret anymore that Georgia is one of oldest countries who produce wine ( 8, 000 year history of continuous wine making tradition, which is evidenced by numerous archaeological discoveries). Georgians have shared the love for the grape since time immemorial, and remain loyal to it through to modernity.
Τaste the experience of Kartli Wines.
Carefully designed tours that will take you on a magical journey to the vineyards, the sites, the tastes and the unparalleled beauty of Kartli.
Why is the natural environment of Kartli so unique? How was the harvest in Kartli during the last decades? Where are the best kept secrets of Kartli? Book this tour and find out the answers.
- meet with locals
- Bagineti archaeological site which was place where wine was using for the gods
- see vineyards
- visiting wineries
- visiting palace
- tasting a lot of wine
P. S. UNESCO added the traditional Georgian method of making wine in Kvevris to its list of intangible cultural heritage
From Tbilisi to
- Bagineti (Armazi) archaeological site (ancient city)
- Gogi Dvalishvili wine cellar
- Uplistikhe cave fortress history begins in the I-II millennium B. C. Uplistsikhe was an important religious, political and cultural centre in the Hellenistic and the late Antique periods (IV c. B. C. - IV c. A. D. ). The town was in its heyday as far back as the 9th - 11th centuries. In 13th century, it was ravaged by Mongols.
- Iago wine cellar
- Chateau Mukhrani winery
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Just write me where will be comfortable to you to pick up you with car
End location: To your accommodation place in Tbilisi
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
Depends on weather, traffic, time of the year, your walking condition
By modern comfortable car (with AC). We will have space to accommodate 4 people comfortably.
We can accommodate up to 6 people with less space. Please contact me for details.
- My time and service as your private guide
- Driver with comfortable car
Estimated Local Cash Needed
120 GEL - You will need this for lunch, buying wine, and tasting wine.
- Lunch (recommended is to take some snacks with you).
- wine tasting
- Museum ticket at (Uplistikhe cave fortress)
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.