Pienza, Val d'Orcia, Montalcino day tour
The whole world feels laid out in front of you on a drive through the Sienese Clay Hills; a photograph in every eyeful, a delight to behold around every turn in the road.
Take in the silence and serenity of the Abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore, a fourteenth century monastery immersed in an enchanted woods.
Enjoy typical Tuscan cuisine in a countryside setting, toasting with a glass of Brunello di Montalcino!
Meander through Pienza, a lovely, picturesque Renaissance town, whose narrow streets and local Pecorino cheese entice and delight; the latter an outstanding cheese made with sheep's milk.
Experience Montalcino, home to world renowned Brunello wine. Explore the body, color, extract, texture, depth embodied in this Tuscan jewel. Taste, drink, savor, study, buy, ship this prestigious Sangiovese nectar with the aid of your knowledgable guide, on a visit to a local cellar.
Contact me to plan your private, customized culinary-sightseeing tour in Tuscany together!
- Panoramic backroads
- Monte Oliveto Maggiore (the Abbey)
- Winery and Brunello di Montalcino wine tasting
- Pienza* (Pecorino cheese tasting)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Please enter the address from where you would like to be picked-up near Siena.
I can pick you up directly at your hotel (even those in the traffic-restricted zone), or from the bus station, train station, or wherever is most convenient for you.
End location: Please specify the location for the drop-off
Duration: 8 hours
Luxury Mercedes "Class E200 Exclusive Plus" sedan with air conditioning, 1-3 passengers
Luxury Mercedes "Vito" minivan with air conditioning, 1-8 passengers
- 8 hours
- Private, flexible, door-to-door service
- Luxury Mercedes sedan with air conditioning
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Refreshments on board
- Gas - Tolls - Parking - VAT
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euros - (estimated) per person
- Wine tastings
- Eventual admission tickets
- Eventual local walking tour guide (while interested, please book one on TbL list)
- Wine tasting
- Eventual admission tickets
- Please note that I am a driver-guide only, and I will not be able to accompany you on any portion of the tour which requires walking. The parts of the itinerary denoted by * will be un-guided - you will be left to walk and explore by yourself for these portions of the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Roberto was the perfect private guide during our full day Tuscan wine tour! The countryside scenery was truly amazing, visiting several excellent wineries/wine tastings, he shared wonderful insights, details and history on the countryside as a lifelong resident. He took us to an incredible lunch spot along the route which we LOVED!!! Can't say enough about our day with Roberto. He's a true gentleman, fun, funny and simply great to spend a day with in Tuscany...A delightful day with a really great guy!