BEER|GEEK combines the Wellington subcultures of Film & Craft Beer, with a side of natural beauty.
First stop is Scorchorama Cafe, before we join the behind the scenes workshop tour and documentary screening at Weta Workshop (Lord of the Rings, Avatar, King Kong etc).
Next, we visit the art deco themed Roxy Cinema, which brings back the glory days of the cinema, and is home to the fabulous Coco at the Roxy, where we enjoy a delicious lunch.
Our first brewery, Parrotdog is a local success story, using equity crowdfunding to develop a beautiful large premises in Lyall Bay, including cellar door and shop.
Aro Video is an old school video store with hugely loyal customers. Explore the massive back catalog and discuss the forward thinking techniques Aro Video have used to thrive in a digital world.
Opposite Aro Video is our last brewery, Garage Project, who produce many tasty beers in a former service station and workshop. Finally we walk Cuba Street, home to cafes, tattoo parlours, record stores, and vintage stores. Enjoy a last beer at Golding's Free Dive (my favourite place to be a BEER|GEEK).
- Start Tour
- Scorchorama Cafe
- Weta Workshop
- Roxy Cinema
- Parrot Dog Brewery
- Death Ray Records/Newtown (Death Ray is closed Mon/Tue)
- Mount Victoria Lookout
- Aro Street Video
- Garage Project Brewery
- Cuba Street Shops/street art
- Goldings Free Dive
- End Tour.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Staying in Wellington: I can collect you from anywhere in the CBD, or Wellington Airport.
Cruise Passengers: I can collect you from right alongside the ship.
End location: I can either bring you back to where we started, or leave you holding up the bar at Goldings Free Dive.
Duration: 8 hours 30 min.
We can shorten the tour slightly to meet any deadlines, such as cruise ship departures.
Beautiful black late model Mercedes-Benz Viano minivan, with privacy glass and black leather interior. Limo style seating, premium sound system, air-conditioned front and rear. 4/5 seats in the rear, 1 more seat beside the driver.
- Private Luxury Transport and Guide
- Morning Tea/Coffee
- Weta Workshop tour & Documentary
- 2 x Brewery Visits (tastings are free, purchase of beer or merch encouraged)
- Lunch at Roxy Cinema (Actually Coco at the Roxy).
- Bottled Water
- Wellington City Tour
- Pickup from Wellington Accommodation or Cruise ship
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 NZD - You will probably want to buy a few beers for after our tour. Only you know how much money you'll really need!
- Contact me for larger group enquiries. I have access to 11 seat, 25 seat and larger vehicles.
- We can change the day as we like, note that some places we may decide to visit could incur admission fees. If we have time to visit an extra bar or two, any drinks/snacks here are not included.
- Any personal purchases or expenses.
As a licensed guide, I have no restrictions.