Enjoy Thousands Years Old Water Town Tongli with a Private Guide
A full day to explore the water town of Tongli from Shanghai is a great introduction to the area and culture. This private tour will offer freedom and flexibility to enjoy.
Tongli was built in the Song dynasty and till now, it has a history of more than 1000 years. According to records of Annals of Tongli of Jiaqing of the Qing dynasty, Tongli has already been the strategic town of central Wujiang since Song, Yuan and Ming Dynasties.
Tongli was listed as one of the national-level Taihu scenic spots in 1980 and one of the provincial-level cultural relic protection units in 1982. In 1992, it was listed as a provincial-level cultural relic protection town. Its famous scenic spot "Tuisi Garden" was listed into the world cultural heritages by the UNESCO. In 2010, it was evaluated as a national 5A tourist attraction by the National Tourism Administration.
Since we operate personal tours which means it can be very flexible regarding starting time, starting spot, itineraries etc, please inform me if you have special requirements.
- Your personal tour guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby.
- Drive to Tongli ( 1 hour 45mins)
- Visit Tongli water town including Tuisi Garden, the landmark-three bridges, Pagoda Garden, South Garden Tea house ;
- Take a wooden manual boat in ancient canal,
- Walk on ancient street, etc
- Finish the tour and return back to hotel around 5pm.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting clients in the lobby of center-located hotel.
End location: drop off clients in the lobby of their center-located hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Our tour is operated by modern, clean, air-conditioned van with experienced, professional drivers.
- Private driver and guide
- Transportation in a A/C vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
Estimated Local Cash Needed
300 RMB - Personal expenses and lunch
2: We can also accommodate groups more than 5 pax, pls kindly contact me for a quotation.