Get to know downtown Minneapolis like a Minnesota local, from lively streets to amazing skyways
During this private, 2-hour exploration, you'll see up-close the surprising features of downtown Minneapolis including famous Nicollet Mall, the popular labyrinth of elevated skyways, whimsical art and public parks both indoors and out. You'll also see inside architectural gems and learn some quirky history. For fun, you'll watch how downtown residents are able to live, work, eat, play and shop without leaving the climate-controlled comfort of an 11-mile-long transit sky-corridor and shopping mall that connects nearly all of a flourishing downtown core - the largest in the world.
In town for the first time? Here on business? Thinking about living or working in downtown Minneapolis? Ready for a nice walk? With this professional guide who has lived and worked in downtown Minneapolis for years, this private tour is for you.
Starting from a downtown location convenient for you, your private walking tour is expected to include:
- Nicollet Mall, strolling sections from the dynamic Central Library to historic outdoor Peavey Plaza
- IDS Crystal Court (the bustling, unofficial heart of downtown Minneapolis)
- Mary Tyler Moore statue, a popular landmark
- Skyways, key corridors for busy downtown workers and residents
- Historic buildings featuring Art Deco splendors
- Meet Minneapolis visitor center, an informative hub with whimsical souvenirs
- Light rail trains, an orientation to the area's nationally recognized transit system that can quickly whisk you to additional attractions from convenient downtown stations (if desired)
If desired, we'll stop for a quick snack of fresh caramel corn or chocolates from local favorite Candyland (purchased on own).
This tour is engaging and informative rain or shine. The itinerary can be easily adjusted to accommodate changing weather and your personal schedule.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: A popular and smart meeting point can be at the fountain inside the Crystal Court atrium of the centrally located IDS Center. The start point will be suggested and confirmed upon engagement.
Duration: 2 hours
This walking tour will be on flat terrain and will include some escalators or elevators. In addition to a casual walking pace, there will be brief periods of standing and an occasional stop to sit, if desired. Comfortable walking shoes are suggested. Though portions of the tour will occur indoors, please dress appropriately for the outdoor weather.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
No cash is needed for this tour
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
What a amazing experience! Douglas passion in guiding us through Minneapolis, leave us the desire to return soon!