Madaba & Mount Nebo.
Madaba, City of Mosaics, to view its wonderfully vivid map of the sixth century A. D. Holy Land. Nearby is the revered Mount Nebo, where Moses climbed to survey the promised land. Visit the site of Machaerus, strong hold of Herod Antipas, where Salome danced for the head of John the Baptist.
Jordan is a unique and blessed land of the Old and New Testaments and early years of Islam. The litany of ancient place names reads like biblical gazetteer Edom, Moab, Ammon, Gilead, Gad and Peraea.
The Madaba of the Bible is today the small town of Madaba.
. At Church of St. George you can view the earliest surviving original map of the Holy Land, which was made around A. D. 560. In addition, there are other mosaic floors preserved throughout the town.
West of Madaba is the hilly district of Mount Nebo, with a spectacular view across the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.
On a clear day, the spires of the churches of Jerusalem are visible.
Mount Nebo is believed to be the tomb of Moses.
- meet in the Hotel lobby (Amman) or air port.
- Leave Amman by a private modern A/C van. It takes 45 minutes to Madaba.
- Stop at the visitors' center for about 15 minutes for video introduction and Jordanian free Bedouin coffee.
- Visit the Byzantine Churches and see the amazing mosaic map for 30 minutes.
- Heading to Mount Nebo to overview Jordan rift valley, the Dead Sea, and the promised land.
- Having lunch.
- and then, 45 minutes back to Amman or airport.
The whole itinerary is customizable.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Airport.
End location: Airport.
Duration: 6 hours
variables may affect the duration: weather, traffic, time of year.
- My service as tour guide.
- Transportation via a private modern AC van with driver and fuel.
- Admission tickets.
- Anything you would like to buy (souvenirs, clothes, gifts, etc...).
- Any extra decided meals or snacks.
- Any drinks (Soft/Hard).
I am not allowed to assest at dockside - you must meet me at the exit to the port territory.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Was a good short day, nevertheless - excellent knowledge on all sites. Had a good time with the guide who was attentive!