A full-day private tour of the most famous archaeological sites in Rome
If you are looking for an in-dept tour of archaeological Rome and you want to experience Rome slowly, this is the right tour for you!
A licenced English speaking driver will meet you at the port of Civitavecchia to bring you to the historical city center of Rome by a modern A/C viano.
There, you will find me waiting for you for a 5 hours and 30 minutes walking tour (lunch break included) to the top 7 Ancient Roman monuments and historical squares.
This is NOT a "hit-and-run" tour! I will guide you to get to know ancient Roman places, to live and "taste" them slowly and deeply, sharing my experience and knowledge as archaeologist and Roman-born and raised.
COLOSSEUM SECURITY CHECK:
For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
Backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage/trolley are prohibited. Medium and small size backpacks to shoulder are allowed.
NO liquids admitted.
Pick-up at the Port of Civitavecchia. The driver will bring you to the city center of Rome (approx. 1 hour and 15 min. ).
I will wait for you at the entrance of the Palatine hill. I'll have a sign with your name.
We will visit:
the Palatine hill,
the Roman Forum,
Then, we will walk on Via dei Fori Imperiali to get to the lovely district of Monti. Here we will have lunch in one of its several truly Roman snack bars, pizzerie and restaurant.
After lunch, the tour will restast by facing the Forum of Augustus, Nerva and Caesar and the Forum, Markets and Column of Trajan from Via dei Fori Imperiali.
From there we will reach 3 of the most beautiful squares of Rome:
- Piazza Venezia
- Piazza Navona
- Piazza della Rotonda. Here we will enter the fascinating Pantheon to admire its outstanding dome.
Guided walking tour with me will last 5 hours and 30 minutes.
The driver will take you back to the Port of Civitavecchia.
Please, note: no entrance to the Imperial Fora archaeological area.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Port of Civitavecchia
End location: Port of Civitavecchia
Duration: 8 hours
Traffic from/to Civitavecchia Port might affect the duration.
Transportation by deluxe viano (English speaking driver).
If larger vehicle is required, extra charges will apply. Contact me to send you a quote with a customized link.
- Transportation from/to the port of Civitavecchia by deluxe viano (professional English speaking driver)
- My guidance and personal assistance during a 5 hours and 30 minutes walking tour (lunch break included).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - DETAILS:
- 12 EUR per person - Entrance fee to the Colosseum, Palatine hill and Roman Forum (free for european and non-european people under 18 with ID)
- Approx 10-25 EUR per person - Lunch in a typical Snack-bar, Pizzeria or Restaurant. As you'll book the tour, I'll contact you to ask if and what kind of restaurant you would like me to book for you.
- Entrance fee
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
Please, before booking click on the "Message Guide" button to request more information.