Vatican Museums Galleries, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, St. Peter's Square
For any first time visitor to Rome, a visit to the Vatican Museums, one of the richest art collections in the world, is probably a must see prerequisite!
This Private Tour experience takes you on a fascinating yourney through the 2nd largest Museums in the world and one of the oldest art collections which traces the story of humanity from the early civilizations right up to the modern times!
The tour includes:
- the most prestigious galleries of the Vatican Museums
- the discovering of the glorious Sistine Chapel, highlighted by Michelangelo's masterpieces
- St. Peter's Basilica, a treasure trove of precious works of art such as the Pietà by Michelangelo
- St. Peter's Square
IMP: Reductions for the under 18/students until 25 years old with a valid student card. Inquiry for the cost.
See Photo #1 (Meeting Location), Photo #2 (Itinerary), Photo #3 (Vatican Map)
> Pinecone Courtyard
> Galleries of Candelabra, Tapestries, Geographical Maps
> SISTINE Chapel (Michelangelo's Frescoes)
> Royal Staircase
> St. Peter's Basilica
> St. Peter's Square
1) This short itinerary is not available when the Simonetti staircase is closed off (it will take us to the Galleries and the Sistine Chapel) from 12. 30 pm to 2 pm. I recommend you to avoid the most crowded days: Saturday morning, Monday morning and any day before or after a holiday closure.
2) DRESS CODE > knees and shoulders must be covered, so NO SHORTS (Bermuda and Capri trousers are ok) You can wear a sleeveless shirt during the tour but please take something to cover your shoulders with when requested.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection, Suggested by Guide: Main entrance of the CAFFE' VATICANO, VIALE VATICANO 100, located near to the main entrance to the Vatican Museums.
Duration: 3 hours
This is a walking tour
*** IMPORTANT ***
I can accommodate various groups of travelers. If you have specific transportation requirements, pricing inquiries or if your preferred start time isn't listed, please send me an email by clicking on the 'MESSAGE GUIDE' button that's listed on my tour page and profile. I will reply to you promptly. Thanks!
- Guiding Services
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 EUR - Food/Beverages, Taxi ride
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
*** PLEASE NOTE *** I am not a driver. If requested I can provide you a transportation with a luxury and air-conditioned Mercedes Minivan with a professional driver, except for the VIP Private Tours where the transportation is included.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We spent an amazingly interesting time with Dino at the Vatican. His knowledge was outstanding and he made our visit so special. The Vatican tour was overwhelmingly. Dino's interest in history and art helped us to capture all the aspects of the tour. He was such a friendly tour guide. Thank you Dino.