A Private Tour with Skip-the-Line Entrance, ending in St. Peter, the Biggest Church in the World *w/Transportation included*
Set foot in the Vatican, the smallest country in the world! We will discover 3 different sides of the Vatican: as a City, as a Museum and as the core place of Christianity with St. Peter's Basilica. The Vatican City developed gradually over 18 centuries around the tomb of St. Peter. His body leads to the construction of the first church, which was then rebuilt during the Renaissance and Baroque period. Over the centuries, popes built, expand and richly decorate several buildings, also the Palace with the unmissable Sistine Chapel. The Chapel was decorated by Michelangelo: the ceiling with the famous "Creation of Adam" and then the "Last Judgement" on the wall behind the altar. The collections of the Museums also were built up gradually by various popes from the Renaissance onwards and now constitute the biggest museum complex in the world.
Our tour will start with a general introduction to the history and the tradition of the Vatican City State. Then I'll necessarily do a selection of the best pieces of art displayed around the astonishing galleries and courtyards (Pinecone Courtyard; Octagonal Courtyard; Candelabra Gallery; Tapestries Gallery; Gallery of Maps).
1 - St. Peter's Basilica and/or the Sistine Chapel are subject to last-minute closures during special celebrations/festivities. They might be not accessible for last-minute religious celebrations/security reasons, without previous notice. In case of such events, the tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican Museums.
2 - The DRESS CODE is strict and requires everybody to cover shoulders, knees, and abdomen
3 - TIME SLOT ENTRANCE TICKETS (valid only within 30 minutes of the time reserved) otherwise new tickets have to be purchased again. Please take care of the timing according to your flights / ship / others details
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up with the professional driver wherever you want within the city (I suppose the best place is your hotel). After your booking confirmation, we will figure it out.
*Pick up at the Cruise Ship Port or at the Airport is also available but it is to be quoted apart (upon request)
End location: Our tour will end in St. Peter square. Again with the professional driver I can leave you wherever you want within the city (your hotel, restaurant, monument....). We will decide it on the spot.
*Drop off at the Cruise Ship Port or at the Airport is also available but it is to be quoted apart (upon request).
Duration: 4 hours
Pick up and drop off within the city, with a professional driver.
Vehicle models (all with a/c):
- Up to 3 people: Sedan Mercedes Classe E
- Between 3 and 7 people: Viano Mercedes
Once in the Vatican Museums, it will be a walking tour.
* the tour can be arranged for larger groups upon request.
* Additional fee for pick up from/to Cruise Port or Airport (upon request - to be quoted apart)
- My time as licensed guide
- TIME SLOT ENTRANCE skip-the-line TICKETS (valid only within 30 minutes of the time reserved) otherwise new tickets have to be purchased again. Please take care of the timing according to your flights / ship / others details.
Big Backpacks, suitcases, etc. aren't allowed. No storage onsite
- Transportation (2 ways as pick up/drop off) within the city, with a professional driver in a a/c Mercedes car or VAN (it depends by the guest's number and also - in case - by luggages). Please Note: No driver available during the tour. Prescheduled meeting time with the driver (the Driver Company applies a fee per hour).
* The tour can be arranged for larger groups upon request.
* Also available without transportation. Just make an inquiry for the actual cost.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - Drinks and snack (upon request)
- Drink and snack (upon request)
- Additional fee for pick up from/to Cruise Port or Airport (upon request - to be quoted apart).
I am not a driver guide but I might include transportation with a professional licensed driver in a/c Mercedes car or Van. (upon request)
Also available special transportation upon request (Cruise - Airport - Pompei - Tuscany...)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Flaminia is a fun and easy going. Her knowledge of the Vatican and all the details and art works gave us a memorable experience. We were glad to have her as our tour guide. Ciao!