History, Art and Architecture in 4 hours
European City of Culture 2018, explore Valletta's streets, palaces, churches and art. The Fortress City, Citta' Umilissima, "a city built by gentlemen for gentlemen" is Malta's capital city: a living, working city, the administrative and commercial heart of the Islands.
Valletta is named after its founder, the respected Grand Master of the Order of St. John, Jean Parisot de la Valette.
* Cruise ship passengers will have easy access to the starting point by taking a 58-meter panoramic elevator located at the port. No private transportation is needed. Please, let me know if you suffer from vertigo. You can take a taxi or an electric cab instead.
* If you are not a cruise ship passenger, I can provide private transportation from and to your accommodation if needed.
All my tours can be customised, please send me an email indicating your specific needs and interests.
Panoramic elevator ride up to Barrakka Garden
De Valette Square
Ruins of Opera House
House of Parliament
Malta5D - 20-minute Audio Visual Show (Entrance Fee: €9 pp)
Streets of the City
St. John's Cathedral - External
Grand Masters Palace - External
Return to the cruise terminal or you could opt to stay in the city for shopping or a meal. Then, you can make your own way back to the cruise port using again the elevator (at no cost).
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the cruise ship terminal or at Barrakka Garden next to the elevator.
Please le me know if suffer from vertigo and we will arrange for a different meeting location (you can take a taxi).
End location: Cruise ship terminal or as previously agreed.
Duration: 4 hours
Weather permitting as this is an outdoor walking tour.
It is a walking tour. Meeting location is reachable by elevator (it is a panoramic elevator, please let me know if you suffer from vertigo. You could take a taxi instead).
* If you want to be picked up and dropped off at your hotel or accommodation by private transportation, please inquire me for a customized tour.
- The service of a fully licensed professional guide
- Panoramic Elevator Fee included.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euro - Malta 5D show (€ 9)
- Personal expenses, snacks and refreshments
- Taxi ride if you can't take the panoramic elevator to reach the starting point.
*If you want to be picked up and dropped off at your hotel or accommodation by private transportation, please inquire me for a customized tour.