Jvari Monastery, Uplistsikhe and Gori
This tour is the best option for the people who don't want to go far from Tbilisi, visit highlight destinations, find out about different periods of history: from ancient to modern times.
Starting from UNESCO site - Jvari, 6th century monastery perched on top of a hill. Then drive to Shida Kartli region and visit Uplistsikhe (meaning "Fortress of God") rock-hewn town from 1st millennium BC. Get to know communist period history by visiting museum of Soviet time dictator Stalin or choose to visit Ateni Sioni church surrounded by picturesque landscapes.
And the day can not be over unless you try good Georgian wine!
- Jvari Monastery - VI century monastery perched on top of a hill overlooking old capital of Georgia Mtskheta.
- Uplistsikhe cave city - rock-hewn town from 1st millenium BC
- Stalin Museum in Gori or Ateni sioni church (upon travelers choice)
- Wine tasting in Chateau Mukhrani
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your Hotel
End location: Back to your Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
- Organization of the tour and my service as a guide
- Private transportation
- Entrance fee to Uplistsikhe
- Entance fee to Stalin Museum (optional)
- Wine tasting
I am not a driver. I'm renting Transportation, which is included in the given price for all driven tours.