Private walking Tour with lunch included
This is the tour you need if you want to understand the "City of Light" ! Thus, come with me !
My aim with this compacted tour is to give you the deeper knowledge I can about the city, its geography, , history, architecture and its "french art de vivre"
In 8 hours, you will learn essential things about :
- The french kings (St Louis - Louis XIV. . ) and emperors (Napoleon I & III)
- The parisian urbanism (Haussman)
- The drinks in Paris : café, chocolat, bistrot and brasserie
- Fashion & shopping tradition of the city : covered passages and departement stores
- The cemeteries
- The origin of "baguettes" and "pâtisseries" with a tasting !
- The roman legacy of Paris
- The origins of gothic arquitecture
- The French Revolution : Marie Antoinette / the guillotine. . .
- The parisian subway
- The history of restaurant during a lunch provided
- The art of french formal gardens
You will also learn some french with me on demand and receive from me a handy summary of the visit to make it memorable.
The tours will pass through the sites mentionned in the 4 hours tour
Among them in the morning :
- Place de la Concorde
- Tuileries Gardens
- The Louvre museum
- The Rivoli Street
- La Comédie Française
- The " Palais royal" and its gardens
- The covered passages
- Stop in a "salon de thé" / pastry shop
- The Victory square
- The oldest bridge of Paris : le Pont Neuf
- The Dauphine square
- The Conciergerie : former royal palace and jail during the French Revolution
- The Sainte Chapelle : the jowel of gothic architecture
- The Hôtel-Dieu : the oldest hospital of Paris
- Notre Dame cathedral
Lunch in a traditionnal restaurant of the Latin Quarter
And in the afternoon : discovery of the Latin Quarter
- St Julien le Pauvre & St Séverin church
- The Panthéon
- The Luxembourg garden
- The libraries (Shakespeare& co)
- The old mansion of Cluny
- The university : la Sorbonne
- Odéon quarter and its chocolate shops
- The St Germain-des-Près district and its art galeries
An intense full day !
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The tour starts in the middle of the Concorde square at the foot of the obelisk.
Easily reachable by metro Line 1 - 8 - 12 or by Uber or Taxi
End location: The tour ends in front of the St Germain des Près church
Duration: 8 hours
Walking and by subway
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 euros - All is included even food
Personal expenses (souvenirs)