Private walking tour with pastry and drink included
This is the tour you need if you want to understand the "City of Light" ! Thus, come with me !
My aim with this compacted tour is to give you the deeper knowledge I can about the city, its geography, , history, architecture and its "french art de vivre"
In 4 hours, you will learn essential things about :
- The french kings (St Louis - Louis XIV. . ) and emperors (Napoleon I & III)
- The parisian urbanism (Haussman)
- The drinks in Paris : café, chocolat, bistrot and brasserie
- Fashion & shopping tradition of the city : covered passages and departement stores
- The symbols of the french Republic
- The origins of gothic arquitecture
- The French Revolution : Marie Antoinette / the guillotine. . .
- The parisian subway
- The very first restaurants in history
- The art of formal gardens : les jardins " à la française"
- The origins of "baguettes" and "pâtisseries" with a tasting !
You will also learn some french with me on demand and receive from me a handy summary of the visit to make it memorable !
The tours will pass through these major and hiden sites
- Place de la Concorde (view of the Champs Elysées / Arc de triomphe / Tour Eiffel / Invalides)
- Tuileries Gardens (view of the column of the Place Vendôme)
- The Louvre museum and its pyramid
- The Rivoli Street (view of the Opera Garnier)
- La Comédie Française : famous french Theatre
- The " Palais royal" and its gardens / The restaurant "Le Vefour"
- The covered passages (galerie Vivienne & Colbert)
- Stop in a "salon de thé" / pastry shop
- The Victory square
- The bank of France
- Rue des Petits-Champs
- La Samaritaine
- The oldest bridge of Paris : le Pont Neuf (view of the Institut de France and le Pont des arts)
- The Dauphine square
- The law court of Paris
- The Conciergerie : former royal palace and jail during the French Revolution
- The Sainte Chapelle : the jowel of gothic architecture
- The flower market
- The Hôtel-Dieu : the oldest hospital of Paris
And last but not least : Notre Dame cathedral
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Suggested by Guide: The tour starts in the middle of the Concorde square at the foot of the obelisk Easily accesible by metro Line 1 - 7 - 8 or Uber or taxi
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
Walking and metro
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 euros - For your personal expenses (souvenirs)
- Personal Expenses