I also have a strong interest in architecture and know the ins and outs of historic Boston buildings and homes. Over the years, I've led many visitors on specialty tours about this wonderful city and surrounding areas, and love nothing more than sharing this interest with people like you.
A Recent Review of this guide
Very knowledgeable. Nice pace. Enjoyed unique stories about changes in the area over time. Mel was also helpful in recommending landmarks restaurants etc.
- 15 years leading history and architectural heritage tours around Boston as a hobby
- 4 years on annual house tour selection committee and house docent for Historic Newton
- Lifelong Boston resident
- Education: Boston Latin (oldest public school in the country), Boston University, Harvard Business School
- Licensed tour guide for Town of Concord
- Member, Mass. Historical Society
Tour is best suited for adults. Since this is a walking tour in a historic area, keep in mind sidewalks/streets may be cobble-stoned and uneven. In some places, there may also be gradual or steep inclines.