Before becoming a ToursByLocals guide, each applicant undergoes a rigorous selection process:
- initial application review to determine if the applicant meets our ToursByLocals guide requirements.
- reference and background check through the Thomson Reuters World-Check service. Every 6 months, we re-screen all guides.
- telephone interview
- confirmation that the guide applicant meets both legal requirements and industry best practices in the delivery of their proposed tours.
- confirmation that the applicant readily adheres to ToursByLocals' business principles.
After acceptance, we provide our guides with:
- all the tools needed to create a professional web presence
- training to help design quality tour offerings
- review of tour offerings for clarity and language before they're posted
- marketing program to attract potential customers
- appropriate payment in case of 'no-shows' or late-notice cancellations
Ongoing quality measures:
- unedited reviews of tours from ToursByLocals travelers
- ongoing support from ToursByLocals' Support team
- removal from the ToursByLocals system for failure to abide by our business principles
Already a ToursByLocals tour guide? Please use the tour guide log in.