Culture, history and food tour in UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In 2008, George Town was awarded the UNESCO World Heritage Site listing. This maritime-trading city was developed during the colonial era and are older than most cities in Malaysia. As a result, it has retained a unique cityscape and multicultural heritage.
George Town represents exceptional examples of multi-cultural trading towns in East and Southeast Asia. It is a living testimony to the multi-cultural heritage and tradition of Asia, and European colonial influences. A mixture of unique architecture, culture and townscape was also created without parallel anywhere in East and South Asia.
> 4-hour (HALF-DAY) tour guide service + Licensed tour van for 5~12 travelers.
* DIFFERENT VEHICLE OPTION: A luxury MPV (Hyundai Starex) for 6 VIPs is also available for an additional fee.
In case I am no longer available for booking on your date of arrival, please consider my team-mate "Lawrence L. " who is also registered under ToursByLocals.
Please AMEND if needed:
> Depart from port/hotel.
> Khoo Kongsi clan-house.
> Land God temple, one of the oldest temple in Penang.
> "Art Street" with old houses and famous "Children on Bicycle" mural.
> Kek Lok Si Temple on the hill in central region.
> Pinang Peranakan Museum - An old Chinese + Scottish mansion once owned by a Chinese tycoon. Now turned into a museum with huge Straits Chinese collections.
* Itinerary courtesy of Lawrence L. (my TBL's team-mate)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: For passengers of cruise ship stop-over: Pickup @ Penang Cruise Centre (Swettenham Port)
Please see the 3rd photo of this tour package (after the "white/green van" photo) for the exact MEETING POINT.
For free travelers: Pickup @ hotel lobby.
Or pickup at any location as agreed.
End location: For passengers of cruise ship stop-over: Send off @ Penang Cruise Centre (Swettenham Port)
For free travelers: Send off @ hotel lobby.
Duration: 4 hours
Please ignore the "MAXIMUM TRAVELERS = 10 PERSONS" message in this page. My licensed tour van can ferry up to 12 adults of medium sizes. The setting of this website system allows a selection of up to 10 only for certain reasons.
* 4-hour tour guide fee.
* 4-hour licensed tour van transportation for 5~12 tourists + 1 tour guide (front seat) + 1 driver.
* Petrol, toll and parking fee included.
* 1 bottle drinking water per person.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 RM$ - You need about RM$40/person or US$8/person to pay the entrance tickets. If you do not have Ringgit Malaysia (RM$), you may exchange with the tour guide using US Dollars (US$).
But you are advised to prepare some Ringgit Malaysia for lunch, drinks or souvenirs. Simple lunch will cost you less than RM$30. Again, for small amount, you may exchange with the tour guide.
* All meals (on own expenses).
* The based price EXCLUDES all entrance tickets. The total for all entrance tickets is around US$8/person.
* Please pay for the tickets yourself at the ticket counters.
* I am a licensed Malaysian CITY tour guide (blue badge). I DO NOT conduct nature/jungle tours (which require a green badge).