Unique experince just round the corner of Lake Como
This itinerary will let you discover wonderful alpine corners between Lake Como and Switzerland: Valchiavenna and Val Bregaglia. Green mountains and extraordinary waterfalls surround one of the most beautiful palaces of this area from an artistic point of view: Vertemate-Franchi Palace.
Thanks to a private guided tour, you will be able to know its history and appreciate the beauty of its rooms, decorated with frescoes of the 16th century and furnished with precious antiques, and its pleasant gardens.
After the visit we will leave the Italian border for a while to enjoy a unique experience: in an old mountain village we will enjoy local and forgotten flavours surrounded by a timeless atmosphere… you'll have the feeling to be in a tale!
- Meeting in Menaggio boats landing stage at 10 a. m.
- With a private vehicle with driver we will reach Palazzo Vertemate
- Private guided tour of the Palace with a professional guide
- Transfer with the private vehicle to Soglio
- Lunch in a local restaurant where you will taste typical and genuine dishes
- Way back to Menaggio at around 3 p. m.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Boats landing stage in Menaggio
End location: Boats landing stage in Menaggio
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
Private vehicle with driver
- my assistance during the tour
- private vehicle with driver from Menaggio for the whole duration of the tour
- private guided tour of Palazzo Vertemate
Estimated Local Cash Needed
70 Euro - - Palazzo Vertemate Entrance fee (5 Euro per person)
- lunch (60 Euro per person considering one antipasto or dessert, a main course with a glass of wine / a beer)
- Palazzo Vertemate entrance fee
I am a licensed Tour Leader and not a licensed guide: I do not have a license to give tours inside historical monuments and museums.
I am not a driver. For my tours I arrange transfers with a private vehicle with driver.