including story-sharing with the locals
This short half-day tour gives you an perfect introduction to Tibetan food and not only that, it's a great opportunity to meet and share stories of the local families living in the Exile and about Migration from Tibet to India, cook with them and spend some memorable time learning more about Tibetan culture!
We start from your hotel in McLeodganj / Dharamsala at around 4 pm in the evening and drive to the local Tibetan home. We further spend time with them till after dinner. The highlights of the tour are -
- Introduction with the family over welcome tea.
- Introduction with Tibetan Kitchen, Food and Ingredients.
- Free-hand cooking with the local family.
- Family Dinner with Local Rice Beer and Liquor.
- Story-sharing session of host and the guest about Tibetan Lifestyle, migration and other topics, over dinner.
We drive back to your hotel after dinner.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel in McLeodganj / Dharamsala
End location: Your hotel in McLeodganj / Dharamsala
Duration: 5 hours
Toyota Car (06-Seater) in good condition and local licenced driver. Minor walk around local home.
- All surface transport.
- Local Guide.
- Local Family Dinner.
- Tibetan Kitchen and Ingredients.
- Tea Servings and Snacks.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 Indian Rupee - Personal Expenses for souvenir.
No restrictions as such.