The most visited museum in Italy
The Uffizi is one of the most important museums in the world; it has a marvellous collection of art with masterpieces of the greatest artists in history.
We will go through a historical path of art history because the museum is organized in chronological order. We will start in the 14th century with the Golden Majesties of Giotto and Cimabue, we will continue with Masaccio, Filippo Lippi, to arrive in front of the beautiful "Venus" of Botticelli.
We will admire the "Tondo Doni" of Michelangelo, the portraits of the Medici by Bronzino, some of the most known pieces of Raphael, Tiziano, and obviously Leonardo da Vinci, to end with Caravaggio.
The Accademia Museum is absolutely a "must" if you come to Florence!
* The museum is closed on Mondays.
- We will meet at the entrance and I will tell you about the story of the palace from the outside. We will speak about the Medici's family and their importance in the story of Florence.
- After 4 terrible staircases, we enter the museum and we will start the visit.
The Uffizi is in chronological order so it is simple to notice the details that are changing little by little over the centuries.
- We will pass from Giotto to Gentile da Fabriano, then we will see the highlight of the museum and the Venus of Botticelli.
- After seeing few rooms, we will see Michelangelo and his great "Tondo Doni"
- We can stop on the terrace to have a look at the view of the Duomo and then continue with Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci and finish with Caravaggio.
The tour will end in the museum so if you need more time to enjoy it, you will have it!
*The Museum is closed on Monday.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Door number 3 of the Uffizi.
I will have a sign with your name.
End location: Inside the museum.
Duration: 3 hours
- Professional guided tour of the Uffizi and, if we have spare time, a short walking tour around the area.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euro - - in case you would like a break with a gelato or a cappuccino!!
- Museum entrance fee: to visit the Uffizi a reservation is needed.
The cost is 12,50 euro + 4 euro for the reservation = 16,50 euro per person.
Kids under 18 are free of charge.
- Personal expenses.
I am not a driver but I can arrange for a separate car and driver.