A picturesque village
A picturesque little village just half an hour drive from the capital, by the Danube bank, Szentendre is an ideal place if you would like to enjoy the relaxed athmosphere of the country. The village is full of churches, galleries, museums and cafes, and because of the Serbian influence it has a Mediterranean feel.
- This trip can be easily combined with a half day programme in Budapest or even a boat ride. If you're interested, Ask a Question!
We will discover the narrow cobbled streets and the promenade by the Danube comfortably walking. Then we visit some of the old churches and walk up to a point where you can see most of the church towers. We have 10 of them here!
There are some interesting museums to go to, for example the Kovacs Margit Museum for ceramic arts, the Marzipan Museum, the Micro Art museum or the Skanzen Open Air Museum, a historic village with many original buildings and objects representing Hungarian architecture and culture from the end of the 18th century to the middle of the 20th century.
We can also taste langos and palacsinta, go shopping or just linger over a coffee at the main square.
An option is to go back to Budapest by boat. The tour can easily be extended by adding one or two more hours if you wish.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - usually hotel/boat lobby
- I can also arrange airport pickup/drop off at a small extra cost. In this case please contact me first for a tailor made proposal
End location: - I can take you back to your hotel at the end of the tour or can drop you off wherever you like
Duration: 4 hours
Comfortable minivan with professional driver, plenty of leg space, air conditioned
- pick up at your hotel
- my guiding service in English
- private transportation in a first class A/C van with professional driver
- all transportation and parking costs
- free mineral water in car
*** for groups bigger than 6 persons please contact me first and I'll provide full quotation for a comfortable minibus ***
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 Huf - roughly 20 usd - it covers all entrance fees, a coffee and a cake, small souvenirs
- entrance to the museums if you would like to visit some (about 2 USD each)
- If we decide to go back by boat, the boat ticket is around 11 USD
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had visited Budapest last October while on a riverboat cruise. The stop was too short, so we returned to spend several days and booked Melinda for a customized private tour of Budapest and Szentendre to start this trip. It was perfectly arranged for us. Melinda is an expert at her craft. Friendly, knowledgeable and kind.