City center and suburbs for 3 days
St. Petersburg can't be missed by any tourist coming to Russia. Built as the capital of Russia it has never looked Russian. The second biggest city of Russia is famous for its world known museums, ballet, palaces, bridges and canals. The city standing on 42 islands connected with more than 300 bridges is often called the Venice of the North. Changing its name to Leningrad in Soviet times the city survivered unprecedented siege and didn't surrender. St. Petersburg is the city of great Russian writers and composers. Dostoevskiy and Chaikovskiy lived and created here.
Standard three day tour covers the highlights. They are the Hermitage (marvelous palace and art museum), two fantastic cathedrals St. Isaack and Saviour on the spilled blood, Peter and Paul fortress (former political prison and burrial place of Romanov's dynasty), magnificent summer royal residences Petergof and Catherine palace. Boat trip and shopping are usually included too.
Customised tour and your own itinerary are also possible.
We meet at 9. 30 in the lobby.
The tour is flexible. I suggest the list of sights you can choose.
1. The Hermitage museum (3 hours)
2. Peter and Paul fortress and Peter and Paul cathedral ( the cathedral is the burial place of the the Romanovs, Russian royal family)(2 hours)
3. St. Isaack cathedral ( The dome is coated with more than 200 pounds of pure gold, the walls are ornamented with marble and precious and semi-precious stones)(1hour)
4. Saviour on the spilled blood ( the church is the one of the finest examples of the Russian Revival style)(40 Minutes)
5. Catherine palace is renowned for its splendid fairtale interior. (3 hours)
6. Peterhof ( Russian Versaille) (3 hours)
7. The State Russian museum (the collection of Russian fine art from the 10th century to the present day) (2 hours)
8. Feberge museum holds the collection of 4000 art works including Faberge Easter eggs. (1 hour)
9. Rumyantsev Mansion houses the exposition dedicted to the Siege of Leningrad and World War II. (1. 5 hour)
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 days
My car is Geely X7 (2015).It's new and air-conditioned. It is able to room 4 passengers. For a bigger group I arrange a van.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
6000 roubles - You'd better have this amount(per person) to pay admissions and food (good but not in very expensive restaurants).If you are a student I recommend not to forget an ISIC.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Margarita was a first class guide in every way. She was knowledgable as to Russian history, art in general, and an expert on St Petersburg. We did not have to queue for anything. Her lunch restaurants were well chosen for location and food. She was punctual and flexible. Her suggestions as to itinerary were well received. The 3 days that Margarita looked after us made all 4 of us feel we had seen as much of this magnificent city as could be achieved in a short stay. Her English is excellent.