St.Petersburg and suburbs for three days
St. Petersburg can't be missed by any tourist coming to Russia. The second biggest city of Russia is famous for its world known museums, ballet, palaces, bridges and canals. The city standing on 44 islands connected with more than 300 bridges is often called the Venice of the North. Changing its name to Leningrad in Soviet times the city survivered unprecedented siege and didn't surrender. St. Petersburg is the city of great Russian writers and composers. Dostoevskiy and Chaikovskiy lived and created here.
Standard three day tour covers the highlights. They are the Hermitage (marvelous palace and art museum), two fantastic cathedrals St. Isaack and Saviour on the spilled blood, Peter and Paul fortress (former political prison and burrial place of Romanov's dynasty), magnificent summer royal residences Petergof and Catherine palace. Boat trip and shopping are usually included too.
Customised tour and your own itinerary are also possible.
YOU DON'T NEED VISAS. I'll provide you with them.
The tour is flexible. I suggest the list of sights you can choose.
1. The Hermitage museum (3hours)
2. Peter and Paul fortress and Peter and Paul cathedral ( the cathedral is the burial place of the the Romanovs, Russian royal family)2hours
3. St. Isaack cathedral ( The dome is coated with more than 200 pounds of pure gold, the walls are ornamented with marble and precious and semi-precious stones)1hour
4. Saviour on the spilled blood ( the church is the one of the finest examples of the Russian Revival style)40minutes
5. Catherine palace is renowned for its splendid fairtale interior. (3hours)
6. Peterhof ( Russian Versaille) (3 hours)
7. The State Russian museum (the collection of Russian fine art from the 10th century to the present day)(2hours)
8. Feberge museum holds the collection of 4000 art works including Faberge Easter eggs. (1. 5 hour)
9. Rumyantsev Mansion houses the exposition dedicted to the Siege of Leningrad and World War II. ( 1. 5 hour)
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 days
My car is new, clean, air-conditioned and well-maintained. The capacity is 4 passengers.For a bigger group I arrange a van.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 rubles - 5000 rubles(per person) will be enough to pay entrance fees, have meals in cafees and may be to buy some souvenirs. 5000 rubles is about 100$.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
What a great tour we received from Rita, we saw all the highlights of St Petersburg with a true professional. R Rita was not only highly knowlegeable but patient, happy to accommodate our requests and always on time. We felt we had a great experience and would definately recommend Rita to all visitors as an excellent guide . This tour was personal and well organized, she was able to skip lines and had us in the right places at the right times. Thankyou Rita for a great experience