Feel yourself a traveller not a tourist
St. Petersburg former capital of Russian Empyre, the craddle of three revolutions, the second biggest city of Russia, home to more than 200 musuems ( some of them are world known), should be visited by any tourist interested in Russian history and culture. St. Petersburg is also famous for its opera and ballet.
The Highlights that can't be missed by any tourist visiting St. Petersburg first time are the Hermitage(former palace and art museum), two fantastic cathedrals Savior on the spilled blood and St. Isaack, Peter and Paul fortress (former political prison and burrial place of Romanov's dynasty), two marvelous former royal residences Petergof and Catherine palace. Two day tour covers all these sights. This tour is always exciting and spectacular.
If you have your own plan of exploring the city I'm flexible and ready to make a customized tour for you.
YOU DON'T NEED VISAS. I CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THEM. Please, book the tour no later than 15 days before the arrival.
We meet at 9 a. m. in the terminal
The tour is flexible. I suggest the list of sights you can choose.
1. The Hermitage museum ( 3 hours)
2. Peter and Paul fortress and Peter and Paul cathedral ( the cathedral is the burial place of the the Romanovs, Russian royal family)(2hours)
3. St. Isaack cathedral ( The dome is coated with more than 200 pounds of pure gold, the walls are ornamented with marble and precious and semi-precious stones)(1 hour)
4. Saviour on the spilled blood ( the church is the one of the finest examples of the Russian Revival style)(40 minutes)
5. Catherine palace is renowned for its splendid fairtale interior. (3hours)
6. Peterhof ( Russian Versaille)(3 hours)
7. The State Russian museum (the collection of Russian fine art from the 10th century to the present day)(2 hours)
8. Feberge museum holds the collection of 4000 art works including Faberge Easter eggs. (1. 5 hour)
9. Rumyantsev Mansion houses the exposition dedicted to the Siege of Leningrad and World War II. (1. 5 hour)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We meet at the ship terminal.
End location: I drive you back to the port.
Duration: 2 days
My car is new, air-conditioned, well-maintained and clean.(Geely x7)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3500 rubles - 3500-4000 rubles per person will be enough to pay for entrance fees and meals in cafees. The rate is higher in Russia. You can withdraw money in ITM, change cash in a bank or use cards.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our 2 day tour with Margarita was interesting, informative, well paced and personal. While touring the "must see's" like the Hermitage & Spilled Blood (among others), Margarita offered educated background to help bring Russian history alive. Her passion for her country and its history was obvious and made our sight seeing come alive. We also shared perspectives on current events during drives between sites. I know this provided me a more informed world view. I would definitely hire Margarita again.