Discover the mystic prehistoric sites
Join my private guided and a truly unforgettable day trip to visit some of the UK's most famous prehistoric sites in the country including the famous Stonehenge, its sister site - Woodhenge, and the giant and magical Avebury Stone Circle.
Stonehenge - one of the wonders of the world and the best-known prehistoric monument in Europe. Explore the ancient landscape and step inside the Neolithic Houses to discover the tools and objects of everyday Neolithic life.
Woodhenge - the wooden version of the Stonehenge. Neolithic monument dating from about 2300 BC, with concrete markers replacing timbers originally aligned in six concentric rings to the solstice sunrise.
Avebury henge - one of the greatest marvels of prehistoric Britain, the largest stone circle in Europe and a sacred meeting place for our ancestors which may even be aligned with the stars. Unlike Stonehenge, there are no restrictions on the travellers and you'll be able to walk inside the stone circle itself and touch the stones. FREE entrance
- I will meet you at your London hotel or preferred pick-up location.
We leave London to head directly to Stonehenge English Heritage Site (journey time approximately 2 hours).
- You might like to take refreshments before visiting the Stone Circle - and the Museum at the Visitor Centre. After Stonehenge visit, we will visit the Woodhenge situated at a 20minutes distance. Total visit time approx 2-3 hours.
- Lunch can be enjoyed at a traditional 14th century English Pub or a restaurant en route to the Avebury village (1. 5 hours).
- In Avebury, we will visit the prehistoric monument and the village.
- Afterwards, and before making the trip back to London, I will make an extra stop at a surprise location.
Total visit time approx 2 hours
- After a full day of exploration I shall glide you back to your London hotel (journey time 2. 30 hours.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your Hotel in London.
End location: Your Hotel
Duration: 10 hours
Modern, clean air-conditioned medium or large car (for groups up to 8 people).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 GBP - Some cash for personal expenses and meals.
I am not a Blue Badge Guide which means that although I can accompany you inside the London, St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey I cannot guide inside these historical monuments.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Spent 3 days with Andrei. Drove us all around England and had to deal with London traffic both ways. Has the patience of job. Very smart, attentive, and nice young man. We really enjoyed our time with him.