One of the oldest cities in Europe
Explore Sofia city center with me. One of the oldest cities in Europe will amaze you with its rich history and landmarks.
During the walking tour, we will visit St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St Sofia church, the flea market. We will also see the Russian church, the former Royal Palace, the National Theater which is located in a nice city park, the former private garden of our king.
Next to the governmental buildings while they were building the metro, they found by chance Roman ruins. We will see St Sofia statue and temples of different religions.
In the end, we will go to the main shopping pedestrian street and we will finish the city tour with the National Palace of culture, built as an exhibition centre.
- St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St Sofia church and the flea market
- the Russian church, the former Royal Palace and the National Theater
- the Governmental buildings, Roman ruins and St Sofia statue
- Vitosha main shopping pedestrian street and the National Palace of culture.
I could customize Sofia tour for you with some of the following optional visits and activities:
- Entrance fee for visit to the Locomotive depot in Sofia and/or visit to the train of the former king and the former communist leader, additional fee for photos. We need permission in advance.
- Entrance fee for visit to one of the oldest cinemas in Sofia, we could visit the employees rooms. I need to organize it in advance.
- join zumba class in Sofia together with me
- fortune telling with a Turkish coffee
- wine tasting at a local bar
- banitsa tasting at a local bakery
- visit a co-working place/café with cats
- pottery class, make your own ceramics, baking takes 10 days
- visit an orphanage outside Sofia
- walk shelter dogs in Sofia
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
The tour takes 2-3 hours. It depends on that how many sites we visit and how fast we walk.
This is a walking tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
39 BGN - BGN 14 for optional entrance fees and BGN 25 for optional lunch
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Absolutely a fantastic tour for our entire family. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend this tour.