One of the oldest cities in Europe
Explore Sofia city with me. One of the oldest cities in Europe will amaze you with its rich history and landmarks.
During the tour we will visit St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St Sofia church and the Antique market. We will make a wish at the Russian church. And next we will see from outside the former Royal Palace and the National Theater which is located in a nice city park, the former private garden of our king.
Next to the governmental buildings while they were building the metro, they found by chance Roman ruins. We will see St Sofia statue, temples of different religions and the hot mineral water spring in the center.
Optional visit to the Museum of Socialist art, (closed on Mondays). It is dedicated to the communism time in Bulgaria. We will see video about lifestyle in the past, statues and posters. Next we get on the metro and we go to see the residential areas built in the 60-70s. Visit a local supermarket. We will finish the tour with the National Palace of Culture and a piece of the Berlin wall.
- Visit to St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St Sophia church and sightseeing of the Antique market
- make a wish at the Russian church, see from outside the former Royal Palace and the National Theater
- the Governmental buildings, Roman ruins, St Sofia statue and the hot mineral water spring
- Optional visit to the Synagogue, St George rotunda, the Museum of Socialist art
I could customize Sofia tour for you with some of the following optional visits and activities:
- Entrance fee for visit to one of the oldest cinemas in Sofia, we could visit the employees rooms. I need to organize it in advance.
- wine tasting at a local bar
- banitsa tasting at a local bakery
- visit co-working place/café with cats
- fortune telling with a Turkish coffee
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 5 hours
The tour takes about 5-6 hours. It depends on how many sites we visit and how fast we walk.
by Metro and walking.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
63 BGN - BGN 38 for optional entrance fees and BGN 25 for optional lunch
- Public Transportation Tickets
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Wonderful Guide! Knowledgeable, friendly, and very accommodating. I highly recommend her