One of the oldest cities in Europe
Explore Sofia city with me. One of the oldest cities in Europe will amaze you with its rich history and landmarks.
During the tour we will visit St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St Sofia church and the Antique market. We will make a wish at the Russian church. And next we will see from outside the former Royal Palace and the National Theater which is located in a nice city park, the former private garden of our king.
Next to the governmental buildings while they were building the metro, they found by chance Roman ruins. We will see St Sofia statue, temples of different religions and the hot mineral water spring in the center.
In the end, we will go by car to visit Boyana church. Sightseeing of the Bells monument or the so call International park of the children in the world.
- Visit to St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St Sophia church and the Antique market
- from outside the Russian church, the former Royal Palace and the National Theater
- the Governmental buildings, Roman ruins, St Sofia statue and the hot mineral water spring
- Optional visit to the Synagogue, Boyana church and St George rotunda
- Sightseeing of Bells monument
I could customize Sofia tour for you with some of the following optional visits and activities:
- Entrance fee for visit to the Locomotive depot in Sofia and/or visit to the train of the former king and the former communist leader, additional fee for photos. We need permission in advance.
- Entrance fee for visit to one of the oldest cinemas in Sofia, we could visit the employees rooms. I need to organize it in advance.
- join zumba class in Sofia
- fortune telling with a Turkish coffee
- wine tasting at a local bar
- banitsa tasting at a local bakery
- visit co-working place/café with cats
- visit an orphanage outside Sofia
- walk shelter dogs in Sofia
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 5 hours
The tour takes about 5-6 hours. It depends on traffic, how many sites we visit and how fast we walk.
A 5-seated car Opel Astra Caravan.
It is air-conditioned and it is suitable for from 1 up to 3 travelers. Year of production is 2008. You can see a photo of the car in my profile photo gallery.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
63 BGN - BGN 38 for optional entrance fees and BGN 25 for optional lunch
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a wonderful tour of Sofia with Albena. The first part was a walking tour of the city center. Then she drove us to a few places outside the city. Albena taught us a lot about the culture and history of the area. Her English is very good and it was easy for us to understand her.