●Escape the big tourist crowds and discover some of the most well kept secrets in the surroundings of Lisbon.
This tour allows us to escape the big tourist crowds and discover some of the most well kept secrets in the surroundings of Lisbon, while we are celebrating the 300 years of the existence of the Mafra Convent in 2017.
On this tour you will discover the Mafra Palace/convent (World Heritage Site). Visit the stunning former royal hunting residence and the church of the Mafra Convent, one of the biggest and yet unknown monuments in Europe.
The historical tram ride from Sintra to the Atlantik coast will be a a highlight of this tour.
We will also open our senses to the Atlantik breeze at Azenhas do Mar.
Back to Lisbon over the Sintra mountain with a short stop in the historical quarter of Sintra.
●Please bring warm clothes, we will be at the Atlantik coast and ride a historical tram that may be open on the sides.
●Departure from Lisbon to Sintra.
Short stop at the historical center.
● 45min. ride on the historical tram from Sintra to Praia das Maçãs along the feet of the Sintra Mountain, declared World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
Feel like reviving the historical ride of the high society of Sintra since 1904 to the Atlantik.
● Azenhas do Mar. . . True masterpiece of popular architecture, this village has the shape of a crib with several ledges up the hill. Almost every house is painted in white and the village has a small bay, where an ocean pool was built.
Drive to Mafra using the romantic Sintra mountain road over Monserrate(short stop for photos).
● Visit to the imposing Mafra convent. Mafra is the largest Baroque building in Portugal and larger than the Escorial, near Madrid, with 4700 windows and doors, a carillon with 114 bells.
Remembrance of the golden age of Portugal
We will drive along the amazing hilly landscapes of the Mafra region to Lisbon.
Note: this tour can be done in reverse way.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 8 hours
● Traffic and weather may affect the duration and program of the tour.
The luxury vehicles available for your tour:
●1 to 4 people: brand new 8 seater Mercedes V250* or 7 seater Tesla Model X Long Range* (full electric vehicle) upon availability.
●5 to 7 people: brand new 8 seater Mercedes V250 with air conditioning, individual leather seats, tinted windows, electric step, USB charger
(please request a quote for this group size).
*See pictures of the vehicles.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
11 euro - Mafra Convent (optional)+ Tram ride ticket.
● Please bring your passport or ID along. Old-age pensioners over 65 receive a reduction on entry fees in some museums and monuments.
●I recommend to have Euros for personal expenses such as a drink or a meal since Dollars are not accepted.
The average price of a meal (optional) is 20€ per person.
The amount of local payments depends on your personal expenses.
Major credit cards can be used but American Express is not accepted everywhere.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am allowed to do guide you inside all monuments all over Portugal.
(Not all driver/guides guide you inside monuments. Always ask before you book.)
Licensed company with all insurances required, registered at the national tourism board.