A visit to the battlefield sites during the Battle for Singapore in 1942
If you are interested in the World War II history of Singapore, then this is the tour for the military history buffs! You will travel by private transport across the island of Singapore, once labelled as the British Empire's impregnable fortress. Among the pit-stops, you will visit gun emplacements to fight off any seaborne attacks, check out the landing site of the Japanese assault on the island, and the British Army Command Centre at the height of the battle for Singapore. Be regaled by interesting and insightful accounts of the battle from 8 Feb 1942 till the British surrender on 15 Feb 1942.
The itinerary includes the following battlefield pit-stops:
1. Battle Box - British Army Command Centre
2. Kranji coast - Landing site of the Japanese Imperial Guards Division in Singapore
3. Reflections @ Bukit Chandu - Learn more about the brave exploits of the Malay Regiment during the battle for Pasir Panjang
4. Former Ford Motor Factory - where the official British surrender took place on 15 Feb 1942
5. Changi Chapel and Museum - Learn more about the lives of POWs and European civilians incarcerated at the infamous Changi Goal
6. "Monster Gun" - check out a replica of one of the 15-inch British guns pointing out to sea.
7. Alexandra Hospital - learn about the massacre of patients and medical staff
8. Kranji War Memorial
*Subject to time constraints. Please note the places we are visiting are located in various parts of the country and the tour duration has taken into account the average travelling time from past tours.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting location will be at your hotel lobby, cruise terminal, airport or location of your choice.
End location: End location will be at your hotel, cruise terminal, airport or location of your choice.
Duration: 7 hours
Air-conditioned modern private transport will be chartered for the tour.
Air-conditioned modern private transport.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
21 SGD - Estimated amount for admissions tickets to the following:
1. Battle Box
2. Former Ford Motor Factory
Admissions tickets to 2 locations (ie. Battle Box and Ford Motor Factory).
Food and/or drinks.
I am only permitted to guide in English.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
My parents and I thoroughly enjoyed the history tour that we did with Edwin at the weekend. Edwin and the driver arrived promptly, and Edwin was very professional and engaged throughout. In terms of itinerary, all of the stops were very interesting. Edwin was friendly and happy to answer questions regarding the tour or about Singapore in general. The transport was very clean with good air con. I would highly recommend this tour for people interested in the history of Singapore. Thank you Edwin!