A 8 hours overview of one of the busiest cities in the world
In this tailor made tour I will give you a brief overview of Shanghai. We travel by Maglev train from the airport to Shanghai. Our first stop is Pudong side of Huangpu River. This is the border between modern Shanghai called Pudong and traditional Shanghai called Puxi.
We will cross the Huangpu river with a little ferry boat and visit the Bunt. This is the most famous part of Shanghai. In the past, it was the place where foreign ships unloaded and loaded their cargo.
Then we walk over Nanjing Pedestrian street to Peoples Square. This is the real center of Shanghai. Next, we visit Old City (narrow streets) of Shanghai and walk to Yu Yuan Garden.
Then we return with the metro to Longyang station to take Maglev to go back to the airport.
As I said I can easily change the program to your wishes.
7. 00 Arrive in Shanghai
8. 00 Pass Immigration and I pick you up.
Then we travel by Maglev train and metro to the Pudong side of Huangpu River and walk over Bingjiang avenu.
9. 00 We travel by little Ferry boat to The Bund on the other side of the river.
10. 00 Walk over the Bund.
11. 00 We walk over Nanjing Road to Peoples Square. Nanjing Road is the most famous shopping street in China. But we will not have a lot of time to stop for shopping.
12. 00 On People Square we will visit the Urban Planning exhibition. In this exhibition, there is a huge mini model of Shanghai
13. 00 We go with the metro to Xiaonanmen Bell Tower and walk through Old City (Narrow Streets of Shanghai) to Yu Yuan Garden.
14. 00 Visit Yu Yuan Garden. This is a historical Ming garden. You can have a quick taste of the famous dumplings in one of the restaurants (included in the tour)
15. 00 Go with metro to go to Longyang station to go back to airport with Maglev Magnet train.
16. 00 Arrive back on Pudong airport
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport
Duration: 8 hours
Tour duration is depending on your arrival time in Shanghai and the available time. It will take approximately one hour to pass immigration.
Maglev Highspeed train and metro and if necessary taxi.
If you prefer we can also take a taxi to travel from and to the airport. The extra cost will be around 500 yuan and you pay directly to the taxi driver.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 yuan - need some cash for transportation cost and entrance fees
Maglev 80 yuan return ticket.
Metro 3 to 5 yuan per person for each time we take metro.
Yuan Garden 30 yuan each person
Urban Planning exhibition 20 yuan each person
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.