Shore Excursion with a Private Guide
This tour will plunge you in the history of the city as a naval base founded at the end of the 18th century. It will reveal the secrets of the military city, showing the former power of the Russian Black Sea Fleet and what has left nowadays.
This tour accumulates the most interesting and unique of what the city has to offer. On the way to historical sights you will find out about the life and traditions the citizens follow here and enjoy the views of the green port city.
The tour is priced for six hours but you may easily make it shorter or longer up to your wish and schedule.
Here is the list of sights that you may add to the tour:
- short walk in the downtown presenting the bays and symbols of Sevastopol.
- the St. Vladimir's Cathedral on the top of the central hill
- Chersonesos - ancient Greek colony, archaeological site
- the Sapun mountain - a picturesque outlook on the Balaclava Valley, called Valley of Death in the poem of Alfred Tennyson
- the Balaclava tunnels - the former underground base for submarines. A nice promenade along the Balaclava bay.
- the Panorama Museum - a circular canvas depicting the fortitude of the defenders of Sevastopol during the Crimean War
- the Malakhov Hill - a bastion during the Crimean War
- the 35th Coastal Battery - Fort Maxim Gorky II in the Second World War
- the Naval Museum - history of the Russian Black Sea Fleet
- Michailovsky Coastal Battery - Military Historical Complex
- a boat trip along the bays of Sevastopol
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the port or your hotel or other place we agree on in advance.
End location: I will bring you back to the place that we agree on in advance.
Duration: 6 hours
You will be taken by a nice air-conditioned car or minibus.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 RUB - This amount you may need for admissions if you choose to visit museums, for a boat trip and a lunch.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or can arrange for a separate car and driver.
**Due to OFAC sanctions against my country, 100% of the tour cost is payable in cash in USD or EUR to me at the start of the tour.**.