Fairytale Castle & Hanseatic tradition
Schwerin and Rostock - an old rivalry, a deep love, two towns so different and still so beautiful in their own way. Join me on this tour to the town where I was raised and the town where I live today!
Schwerin - oldest town of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, residence of dukes for centuries, known for its beauty - surrounded by lakes and forests, with a fairytale castle in its heart.
Rostock - old Hanseatic town, its wealth based on tradesmen and the Hanseatic league, one of the oldest Universities in Northern Europe, beautiful brick architecture.
On this tour you will see the different facets of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania and get a great insight into this lovely piece of the world. Enjoy this fascinating tour with me, who even got married in the castle of Schwerin! (A look at my wedding pictures included. ;-) )
- I will pick you up at the cruise terminal
- about 1 hour drive to Schwerin
- walking tour through the palace gardens (which are mostly not included in regular shore excursions)
- inside visit of the castle (on your own, with an audio guide)
- walking tour through the castle garden and into town, where I will show you the major sights
- time for lunch and free time or climbing the spire of the Dom for a spectacular view over Schwerin
- inside visit of the Dom, where you will learn how building masters planed a church in medieval times and what symbols we still can see
- about 1 hour drive back to Rostock
- walking tour in Rostock, where you will see the major sights
- drive back to your cruise liner
The castle Schwerin is closed on Mondays. If you still want to do this tour on a Monday please contact me to adjust itinerary and price.
If you have other ideas and wishes, or want to stay longer or shorter, or if you want to turn this tour into a two-days-tour, please contact me!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port
Duration: 8 hours
A Mercedes Van with a driver will be at our disposal the whole tour.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euro - for lunch or coffee and cake
for entrance fee, if you want to climb the spire of the Dom (cathedral): 1,50 Euro per Person
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver-guide. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.