Enjoy both European unique glacier waterfalls and where world-famous James Bond's Her Majesty was filmed
Enjoy from the 007 James Bond mountain and revolving restaurant breathtaking and unforgettable views of the famous Trilogie Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and many more peaks.
We may take the time for the full experience of 007, Bond walk, pictures, souvenirs etc.
Before going up to the top we will enjoy the European unique glacier waterfalls. Spectacular views of raging water falls. The only glacier waterfalls in Europe inside the mountains and still accessible.
In addition we will have a short visit of Mürren, an authentically traditional, traffic free and stress-less mountain village. The wooden chalets, the breath-taking view of the snow covered Alps will leave an unforgettable image in your memory.
This trip is normally possible from beginning of April until beginning of November - Schilthorn only is possible all year round!
- Pick up in Interlaken Ost (train station)
- Train and bus ride, visit of the European unique glacier waterfalls (about 1 to 1. 5 hour stay. The stay includes a short walk on paved ground with some steps)
- Bus and cable car and visit of Schilthorn
- Way back to Interlaken Ost with short walk between (of about 1. 5 hours may be included in between, depending on goup, weather and afflux).
- Picnic with typical local Swiss products on the way.
For the waterfalls: At the end of March/beginning of April and at the end of October/beginning of November the exact itinerary needs to be decided a few days prior to the tour date due to the opening hours of the waterfalls.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Interlaken OST train station.
End location: Interlaken OST train station.
Duration: 7 hours
Actual duration may vary and depends as well on the afflux at glacier waterfalls and cable cars. Weather may also have an influence on the timetable. However, it seldom happens.
Here in Switzerland we have an excellent and very efficient public transportation, you will not need a car to go on my trips. Everywhere I will take you we can rely on them; especially in the mountains it is easier to travel by train, busses, cable car, chairlift etc. In addition, it gives us full liberty of our journey and to alternate routes.
My services as your personal guide with
- Organisation and research (e.g. travel plan, timetable, entrance and restaurant booking if necessary etc.)
- Guide (pick up from Interlaken or to your convenience, guiding you during the excursion including information about geography, history and legends, local people, culture, etc.)
- Assistance with and purchase of the train tickets (if you wish)
- Little picnic on the way with typical Swiss products
- Entrance fees and visit of glacier waterfalls (subject to weather conditions) for both you and the guide.
- Your transporation cost if you have a Swiss Travel Pass (subject to modificaton)
- Transportation cost for the guide.
- Visit of Schilthorn incl. James Bond exhibitions (subject to time opening hours and afflux at cable cars)
- small hike on the way back (if desired by you, subject to time available and weather conditions)
- speaking the local Swiss languages (Swiss-/German, French, Italian) and English
- Your travel expenses if you don't have a Swiss Travel Pass. Special passes for travelling with public transports are available. With Swiss Travel Pass the transporation is free for this trip!
- The following expenses for the guide: if you wish to travel 1st class: the supplement tickets; meals in restaurant, other entrance fees not covered by the programme provided.
- Any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs.
- Restaurant, snacks apart from the picnic
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a great time on Jungfraujoch and at the Rhine Fall. Markus is very professional. Communication was good and response was quick. Highly recommend to join the tour that help you to save your time.
Hoi Ki Au