Fascinating Prehistoric caves, Castles and Gastronomie
This 2 days tour will introduce you to history through the visit of fascinating Prehistoric caves and sites, as well as medieval castles, small charming villages and a wonderful nature classified in 2012 as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.
Some of the highlights are:
- Sarlat and its medieval Cathedral dedicated to Saint Sacerdos.
- Domme, exceptional and splendid bastide village, it has the most famous panorama of Périgord, plunging on the Dordogne. Under the 14e century houses lives a fantastic world of natural caves with its stalactites and mirrors of water, emphasized by sets of lights.
- The prehistoric cave in Les Eyzies, home town of the Cromagnon man.
- A medieval castle, Chateau Fenelon or Chateau de Castelnaud
- Les Cabanes du Breuil farm.
"I can create a customized tour for you in case you have any special requests or if you are more than 4 persons and need a larger vehicle. "
La Roque Gageac
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick-up at your hotel in Sarlat ( other location an extra fee applies)
End location: Drop-off at your hotel in Sarlat (other location an extra fee applies)
Duration: 2 days
In summer traffic might be slow
Recent, comfortable & fully equipped car or minivan (depending on group size)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 € - All the entrance fee are included, you will just have to pay your lunch. I will suggest you restaurants with different price range according to your taste.
I can custom tours for disabled people with a car accommodating a wheelchair.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Beatrice is a joy, fun to travel with and very entertaining! She planned out our itinerary based mainly on our desires tempered with her very thorough knowledge of the area. She is a conscientious and careful driver who emphasizes the journey as well as the destination. She was always on time to take us to our next adventure and even helped with our suitcases. What a super experience this was for us to be "free of worry" about where to go next and how to get there. She always had everything in control.