Sardis had a very large and prosperous Jewish community during roman era
Roman bath complex and shops at Sardis location of ancient Sardis in Lydia. Sardis (modern Sart) was the capital of the ancient kingdom of Lydia and home King Croesus (560-546 BC), famous for his wealth.
Liberated from the Persians by Alexander the Great in c. 340 BC, Sardis became a Greek city with an impressive Temple of Artemis. In the Roman era, the temple was expanded and used also for the imperial cult, and a huge bath-gymnasium complex was built.
Ancient Sardis had a very large and prosperous Jewish community, which produced the largest ancient synagogue outside of Palestine. Christianity arrived in the 1st century AD and Sardis was one of the Seven Churches of Revelation. Sardis now lies entirely in ruins and is an archaeological site in the village of Sartmahmut with ongoing excavations
** pick up from izmirport-hotel-izmir airport
**Morning departure to Sardis the capital of ancient Lydia.
**View the significant ruins of the Acropolis.
**Visit the Temple of Cybele and Diana, which later became a church.
**See the golden river Pactalos and the Royal Road.
** visit the reconstructed Synagogue.
** visit the Gymnasium and the new excavation area.
** Lunch ( if desired extra )Then drive back to izmir city.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: **** izmirport
**** in front of izmir hilton-swiss hotel
**** izmir airport
End location: ask me other options...
Duration: 7 hours
New Brand of Mercedes VITO/SPRINTER A/C VAN with Private Driver
*** Pivate ac van with driver + gas.
*** Private English Guiding.
*** Highway tools
Some of the benefits of hiring a private driver/guide
* Comfort and privacy: private tours are for your party only, they start at the time of your choice and go at your own the places you really want to see.
* Negotiate the lowest price about shopping.
* Photography assistance
* Security (knowing where, how, when)
* Negotiating prices when shopping - prevent overpaying
* Teaching you local customs, religion, culture, taboos
* Introducing you to local people
* Reading the menu and ordering food
* Help at banks, food stores, fruit stands with the possible language barrier
* Health - knowing how to get you to a doctor or hospital fast
* A Turkish friend for life - priceless!!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 Lira - ** fee of site : 10 lira
** lunch if desired : 25 lira
*** Fee of sites
According to Turkish law tours can be organize only by Travel agency so tour are listed here done by A class Travel agency code 8446