Main attractions for 2 days
St. Petersburg former capital of Russian Empyre, the craddle of three revolutions, the second biggest city of Russia, home to more than 200 musuems ( some of them are world known), should be visited by any tourist interested in Russian history and culture. St. Petersburg is also famous for its opera and ballet.
The Highlights that can't be missed by any tourist visiting St. Petersburg first time are the Hermitage(former palace and art museum), two fantastic cathedrals Savior on the spilled blood and St. Isaack, Peter and Paul fortress (former political prison and burrial place of Romanov's dynasty), two marvelous former royal residences Petergof and Catherine palace. Two day tour covers all this sights. This tour is always exciting and spectacular.
If you have your own plan of exploring the city I'm flexible and ready to make a customized tour for you.
We meet at 9. 30 in the lobby.
The tour is flexible. I suggest the list of sights you can choose.
1. The Hermitage museum (3 hours)
2. Peter and Paul fortress and Peter and Paul cathedral ( the cathedral is the burial place of the the Romanovs, Russian royal family) (2hours)
3. St. Isaack cathedral ( The dome is coated with more than 200 pounds of pure gold, the walls are ornamented with marble and precious and semi-precious stones) (50 minutes)
4. Saviour on the spilled blood ( the church is the one of the finest examples of the Russian Revival style) ( 40 minutes)
5. Catherine palace is renowned for its splendid fair tale interior. (3 Hours)
6. Peterhof ( Russian Versaille) (3hours)
7. The State Russian museum (the collection of Russian fine art from the 10th century to the present day) (2 hours)
8. Feberge museum holds the collection of 4000 art works including Faberge Easter eggs. (1 hour)
9. Rumyantsev Mansion houses the exposition dedicted to the Siege of Leningrad and World War II. ( 1. 5 hour)
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I'll meet you at your hotel or some other place.
End location: I will drop you back at the starting point.
Duration: 2 days
My vehicle is Geely X7 (2015). Passenger capacity - 4. The car is new, clean, air-conditioned.
For a bigger group I can hire a van with a driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
4000 roubles - 3500 roubles will cover addmissions and lunch ( not in a fancy restaurant)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
I spent 2 days in St. Petersburg with Margarita as my tour guide. I and my family were enjoyed the tour programme with Margarita. She explained so well about Russian history and culture. Even she also take a good care of my brother. She always knew how to manage time between tour and lunch because my brother was hungry easily. After all, my time at St. Petersburg so much wonderful because of Margarita. She also helped us to transfer money to our previous guide in Moscow and helped us in many occasions.
Stephani Lee Talumewo