An in-depth walk in the main "Piazzas" of Rome
On this tour you will be guided through one of the most historically and culturally amazing places on Earth, the origin of departure for understanding the past and the present Europe.
Rome, as a millenium-long centre of power, culture (having been the cradle of one of the globe's greatest civilisations ever) and religion, has exerted a huge influence over the world in its roughly 2800 years of existence.
The historic centre of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With wonderful palaces, millennium-old churches, grand romantic ruins, opulent monuments, ornate statues and graceful fountains, Rome has an immensely rich historical heritage and cosmopolitan atmosphere, making it one of Europe's and the world's most visited, famous, influential and beautiful capitals.
With this tour you'll be able to see the following highlights:
- Piazza di Spagna and the Spanish Steps
- Trevi Fountain, passing the Column of the Immaculate Conception and the Spanish Embassy
- Piazza Colonna, where you can see the Column of Marcus Aurelius and Palazzo Chigi, where the headquarters of the Ministers of Italy are.
- Piazza di Montecitorio, where the Parliament's building is.
- Temple of Divo Claudio on the right, nowadays headquarters of the stock market.
- Piazza Saint'Ignazio with S. Ignazio's church with paintings from Andrea Pozzo
- The Pantheon
- Piazza Navona
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Suggested by Guide: We will meet at Piazza di Spagna under the Spanish steps outside Babingtongs Tea Room
Duration: 3 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 EUR - Souvenir and meals (per person price)
According to rules in Italy , I'm licensed to guide you inside museums, archaeological areas , cities and more.
I'm not a driver.
My associated professional driver will be at your disposal for tour private transportation based.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Marina met us at the Spanish Steps and took us on a walk explaining many things about Rome. We loved the Trevi Fountain and she took us to several churches and the Column of Marcus Aurelius. She told us all about the Pantheon and took us inside to explain so much about the former Roman temple. She is very knowledgeable. We loved the tour.